Author Topic: kitchen and bric a brac...  (Read 11428 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
kitchen and bric a brac...
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:47:12 am »
Hi,all  i realise that some of you have missed me,whilst there will be others who..thought..thank Christ..he,s gone...well, to those "few"..i,m back...but..it will be sporadically..as we have moved into a new house...well, old house...but new to us...and there is a multitude of things to be done...and i,m the plumber,joiner,decorator, and cook,...so i, have a lot on my plate..so to speak....Its a terraced cottage...in Brechin..and it needed a total re-wire. re-plumb, some structural work, total re-decoration,...total everything,...but well, get there,...there was No kitchen when we moved in...but i got what you see on ebay...and the worktops are the beez kneez...they are American Cedar...I got them from my local sawmill,they came in an unfinished state,and i machined them,then sanded them..3 days, and they,ve had 10 coats of varnish...and they are not finished yet...it takes time...there is still a fair bit to do...but..Avril is very happy with what i,ve done so far
Now to some items that i got at an auction last week,..it was a job lot of what we call bric a brac..i paid £12..for approx 30 pieces...some went straight to the charity shop..whilst the others we have kept,..here are some pics of what i deem to be the pick of the bunch...there is a Biscuit jar,..made in Italy...it has Dip a Mano  Deruta..on the base,...the plates have Lawleys Stoke,..the Cavalier..is an advertisement, for Mcewans ale....but for me it has to be the "wooden tray"...its made of solid wood, type as yet unknown,its 23in long x 15in wide x 1.1/2in thick...it has Mother of Pearl & Abalone shell inlay the centre grating lifts off..it has 2 other features which i will speak about later...your opinions will be much appreciated..i,ll have to load the pics in 2,s..as i think they may be too big..and as i,m not too clever when it comes to re-sizing...i,ll never get there,...I,m having a problem uploading the pics..therefore, i,m going to send them to another member who, will hopefully have more luck than I....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:47:15 am by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
Re: kitchen and bric a brac...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:58 am »
I have had the pictures problem of resizing here myself--if you click on your picture and right click a resize button should be on your upper left...you can take it from there but I reduce to 50% and I can get three pics up

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:43:36 am »
My husband can relate to your problem. We call that "Chief, cook, and bottle washer" where I'm at! ;D
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:49:55 am »
My husband can relate to your problem. We call that "Chief, cook, and bottle washer" where I'm at! ;D
now we know who wears the kecks in your house.... ;D....

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:27:21 am »
My husband has done a lot of historic rehabs. Watch out! It can be the "Money Pit"!
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:23:52 am »
Its only money....and anyway...there ain,t no pockets in a shroud...

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 05:47:54 pm »
Well wullie asked me to post his pics and I'll be damned if I can get anything to upload tonight. I'm posting the link to an album in Photobucket if someone could transfer them here please!!

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/geeziesmom/Wullie%20and%20Avril%20s%20new%20kitchen/

Sorry wullie  :(

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 05:59:36 pm »
Well wullie asked me to post his pics and I'll be damned if I can get anything to upload tonight. I'm posting the link to an album in Photobucket if someone could transfer them here please!!

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/geeziesmom/Wullie%20and%20Avril%20s%20new%20kitchen/

Sorry wullie  :(
Sorry...what for...you did it and thats what counts....you helped an old codger like me...in a time of need....now what do you think that tray...is...or more to the point...what is real purpose...if you look closely at the main pic with the lattice cover off..you will see a little metal cover...then on the side you will see a metal tube....this is real wood..and weighs approx 6.5 kg....

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 06:13:37 pm »
First thing I thought of (after all the OMG's!! over the kitchen) was some sort of steamer/hot plate set up. But I have know idea how it works

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 06:33:20 pm »
First thing I thought of (after all the OMG's!! over the kitchen) was some sort of steamer/hot plate set up. But I have know idea how it works
You get a box of these!!...you got it in one J....Sapphire....ne arly.... ;D..thats exactly what it is..its a Chinese steam platter...i paid £2 for this...and i,m now searching for the little kettle that sits on a spirit burner,,,a rubber tube gets attached to the pipe at the side and the steam comes through the lattice..grill to steam little fishes etc...

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 06:40:32 pm »
What a neat piece bigwull Never would of guessed a Chinese steam platter! Glad to have you back!  :D Love the kitchen!! Just love it!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 06:46:02 pm »
Thankyou Wendy...Its not finished as you can see...i,m busy doing the floor..then its the tiling behind the cooker...Avril just loves the worktops...

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 07:42:11 pm »
Are those legs on the cabinets adjustable?? LOVE LOVE LOVE the stove!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 07:56:05 pm »
Are those legs on the cabinets adjustable?? LOVE LOVE LOVE the stove!
Yes they are...the nominal height for kitchen units over here is 870mm then there is a 38mm worktop..the legs can be lowered..for short arses...these worktops are 50mm thick..thats why the stove is sitting low...but tomorrow i,m going to build a plinth..and sit it on that so that the burners are higher than the worktop...this was the kitchen that i got on ebay...the total cost inc the worktops..& stove..is only.£502...

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 08:11:18 pm »
How do I reduce the size of my pics..they are all over 5.1 mb..thats why i can,t upload them...