Author Topic: Samovar  (Read 4059 times)

kidpakman

• View Profile
Samovar
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:57:06 pm »
I have a samovar that I have been diligently researching for quite some time now with little knowledge gained. It has no markings that I can find and I have seen no pictures like it anywhere on the web. I have found some that resemble it but with differences. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Samovar
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 05:59:49 pm »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

kidpakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 06:18:23 pm »
Hanks for replying. That is actually one of the many places I used to research the item. There are some close but different.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:38:21 pm »
Go through images on google and see if it's there.

kidpakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »
I have done that also. all together i think I clock in at about 12-14 hours of research. I was just hoping someone else would have one like it or have seen one and know abit more. thanks

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 07:35:48 pm »
Hanks for replying. That is actually one of the many places I used to research the item. There are some close but different.
it would have helped  if you,d given this info at the beginning...that way..we don,t need to go over old ground....we,re not mind readers....every little bit of info helps...G,acre..took time to search around...and you come away with..."I,ve already been there"
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

kidpakman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 07:42:27 pm »
kidpakman

Samovar
« on: Today at 04:57:06 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove
I have a samovar that I have been diligently researching for quite some time now with little knowledge gained. It has no markings that I can find and I have seen no pictures like it anywhere on the web. I have found some that resemble it but with differences. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

kidpakman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 07:48:37 pm »
it would have helped  if you,d given this info at the beginning...that way..we don,t need to go over old ground....we,re not mind readers....every little bit of info helps...G,acre..took time to search around...and you come away with..."I,ve already been there"

You're just a tad bit arrogant aren't ya bigwull. You must hate being out of school with no more smaller kids to pick on.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 07:54:35 pm »
I don't think so. He's just trying to say that it would be easier if you told us in advance the info you already have, so we know where not to look.  ;D

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56:37 pm »
Are there any names or markings on there at all.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 08:04:52 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samovar-Istanbul-Turkish-brass-charcoal-/261168654131?pt=Antiques_Decorative_Arts&hash=item3ccedd6733

Or this one, but without a name or where it's from it's hard to nail down. Is it, Russian, Persian or Turkish?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:08:51 pm by greenacres »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 08:06:03 pm »
Its just his way !!  We are all quite used to Bigwull`s manner !!  Generally speaking if it does not have a makers mark,, its a pretty common everyday type !!  Trying to find an identical match is like looking for the needle in a haystack without a known maker of some kind !!  Best you can do is to go with the closest you can find !!  Style may be well known in one region and be different in another !!

kidpakman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 08:38:40 pm »
Thanks for all the help. I think you're right. I came to the conclusion that it is either a really early one or just a mass produced one that was sold cheap.
The second link you sent green is very close but it's double vented on the bottom. I found a few that were like that but none similar with only the one vent.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 08:46:38 pm »
Assuming yours has a single vent,, try using that in your search !! It might track down the country/region at least !!  That would be if anyone else used that in a search description !!  Single vent samovar may be common to one area if thats where the mfr/maker is located !!