Author Topic: What type of Art Deco Waterfall Vanity?  (Read 2348 times)

Klee2181

• View Profile
What type of Art Deco Waterfall Vanity?
« on: February 18, 2013, 03:01:29 pm »
Hello All,

I am trying to find the type of Art Deco bedroom vanity this is so that I can look for one similar to this one. I have looked up Art Deco vanities online and it is always Art Deco Waterfall Vanities, but they have more for the lack of a better word frou-frou on it. I like the clean simple lines of these pieces without handles, but I cannot find it anywhere. Please help me if possible and thank you so much.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:03:47 pm by Klee2181 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: What type of Art Deco Waterfall Vanity?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:12:11 pm »
Each Mfr had their own variation to the style !!  Generally the simpler lines came later in the Deco period !!  To match your dresser you would have to know the manufacturers name and they rarely marked individual pieces !! You might check the drawer backs and the back of the dresser for a mark but it would be unusual to find one !!  Try searching with descriptive terms rather than just style period !! Like "Waterfall dresser with built in drawer pulls" or "Deco dresser without pulls" !!  Something along that line !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:04 pm »
Very pretty! Art Deco 20's, 30,s or later. Are there any label? in the draws or on back? For some reason though it looks to new. You will have to wait for someone who really knows furniture, but look for the label for the mean while. They also may want to see more pictures for example the inside of the drawers to see the way it's built.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:37 pm »
Ooops! I should have waited, lol
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

Klee2181

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 03:25:42 pm »
 Hmmm,

I think I love u guys! It's not my dresser and this is the only two I have ever found. I contacted their owners and you are right there is no maker's mark. I will take your advice and look for the description and see if I can find it that way. I just love Art Deco and I absolutely love this piece. It may not actually be art deco so that may be my problem at this point I just don't have any answers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:30:56 pm by Klee2181 »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:29:48 pm »
I can`t think of any mfrs that have made repros of that style and if they did,, it would be more likely to have a name on it since otherwise,, no one would be able to find them in the computer age or even before that !!  I think that its probably older  late (1930 into 40) but with a good refinish job !!  You might check the sides of the drawers and see if the varnish lines match !!  Sometimes the new varnish will be a different color !! Older would be darker as a rule although not absolute !!~

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 05:37:19 pm »
Late Deco, probably post WW II. Very elegant.

I'll take Victorian any day, but this piece is gorgeous!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford