Author Topic: Antique vase??  (Read 6318 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Antique vase??
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 08:19:53 am »
Geez !!  I give up !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 04:23:48 pm »
Geez !!  I give up !!!
You,ll have to excuse him Mart...he,s English...and he probably does,nt read you like the rest of us can....mind you sometimes my reading is a bit askew...but...i always get there eventually...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 07:39:40 pm »
Most here know what I mean when I say "similar to or looks like" !! I mean visually the polychrome enameling on Satsuma pottery has a thick glazed look similar to Majolica !!  Not in style or form or the clay or anything else !!  When I typed the original statement couldn`t remember "Polychrome" !!  I said "tin glazed much like majolica" which wasn`t correct but you get the same look anyway !!  Would have double checked and corrected that statement but had a burr under my saddle !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 07:48:37 pm »
You don,t have to explain yourself Mart...we know what you meant....them English...they,ve been uppity ever since they won the world cup way back in 66...and they sometime have delusions  of grandeur...but us up here in Scotland..know them for what they really are.....but as this is a G rated forum...i will refrain from saying..... ;D ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,