Author Topic: any idea how old this is?  (Read 5365 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: any idea how old this is?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 04:36:55 pm »
my guesstmation of age is only that..i base this on the degree of patina...and the subject matter...it might be a little older...but not by much...but this lack of age does not alter the fact that its worth a damn sight more than you paid for it...that,s for sure...I can see this sitting atop a wooden pole..value wise...i,d have to say around 150/200 euro,s...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 04:55:20 pm »
bigwull, I found it, lol Saw two dentist today. I'm so tired. My husband is ready to kill the dentist! ;D.  I'm wondering would you considers these "Griffin Dragons". Or, are these dragons?
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 06:47:19 am »
bigwull, I found it, lol Saw two dentist today. I'm so tired. My husband is ready to kill the dentist! ;D.  I'm wondering would you considers these "Griffin Dragons". Or, are these dragons?
I sometime wonder about you....have you been partaking in mind altering..G&T,s...with a bit too much of Mothers Ruin...Its already  been mooted that they are Seahorses....but I,m not so sure...I think...you might just be right....they look like dragons...and when you think about it...a Dragons head next to a bright burning candle would be right...."no burning candles under the sea...unless is an acetylene one... ;D

Wietzedonckers

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 07:29:45 am »
my guesstmation of age is only that..i base this on the degree of patina...and the subject matter...it might be a little older...but not by much...but this lack of age does not alter the fact that its worth a damn sight more than you paid for it...that,s for sure...I can see this sitting atop a wooden pole..value wise...i,d have to say around 150/200 euro,s...

Man, that's 20 times more than I paid for it, I hope you're right  :-)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 09:12:03 am »
Thats a reasonable estimate !!  People like that kind of stuff !! 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:36 am »
Well let me put it this way....that skull door knocker that I have...cost me around £5 GBP,..to date i,ve had offers over £150...this item of yours...is in that kind of bracket...if it were mine,i,d target those who are into Goth related items...and ...get yourself a nice wooden pole...nothing to big...age it a little,stick a couple of big candles on the Twin Dragon Headed Candle Stick...and this will sell....call them Seahorses....and you,d be as well sticking it in a cupboard... ;D

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:14 am »
"Puff the Magic Dragon"! ;D
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 10:50:46 am »
Could have been a pole topper at one time Wullie !!  Good idea !!