Author Topic: Another Proud Item, Do you think I am nuts? Civil Documents  (Read 4535 times)

Ipcress

Re: Another Proud Item, Do you think I am nuts? Civil Documents
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 03:13:01 pm »
I looked at another signature and it appears to be a G, unfortunately. I am looking at this a little more to see what other names are in it. :)  the other book has something interesting in it. I will post a pic later on.

The other names mentioned around that one - looks like Dooley or something. Image is a little blurred

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »
I am still going to post that other picture soon (we are watching an online auction, lol, per my husband forum name auction addiction - there were no auctions to attend this weekend and We needed our auction fix, haha).

I know that there were a number of people from here involved in the civil war (some big names too Like General Sherman, etc).  This is the area that the Morgan Raiders came through too.

My husbands family from where he is from had this whole packet of stuff printed off on the family history/ family tree. Some where along the lines they are related to General Bee. Some say it was the one who started Stonewall Jackson's nickname.  (His parents don't know where that packet is) but even if it is one of his brothers, my husband had an scary resemblance to Bernard Bee! I have a post card of him and I told my husband that's you!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:22:55 pm by xmelax38 »
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 08:50:10 pm »
Here is that interesting piece in the other book (a photo of it). It says: Oath of A.J. Hane to (can't read what this says) not to divulge secretfor the cure of Stuttering and Stamering. Before me a justice of the peace appeared A.J. Hane and took oath that he would not divulge or reveal anything that  (whoever the name is here - again not sure who this says) might tell him the said A.J. Hane that would cure him of Stuttering and Stammering July 13 1885.

I thought that was interesting.

Here is the photo:

I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.