Author Topic: Can you Identify this Tuscan Cup?  (Read 2470 times)

Balloons

• View Profile
Can you Identify this Tuscan Cup?
« on: January 05, 2005, 09:07:42 pm »

It is gently octogon shaped with four panels of gold fern and four panels of olive green with gold lacelike pattern.  Five gold bands at the base 4 wide and 1 thin.  Gold band at the top and a gold fill line inside. Gold handle.  It is made by Tuscan. this the only piece I have of this set.  
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 09:12:20 pm by Balloons »
[size=8]Antiques are ok but they get old after a while.[/size]

The Balloon Artist
Twisted Creations

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 10:21:22 pm »
Gorgeous, I can understand why you want the saucer, and other pieces - I didn't find any - so may I suggest:

www.replacements.co m        follow instructions on home page, and they'll want pics of the backstamp also - they give excellent customer service from my personal experience and not only can identify the pattern, but will notify you when other pieces come in

and also:   www.edish.com       again, other searchers have posted back over the years that they too got excellent customer service and were able to purchase the "fill-in" pieces

Best wishes, KB

Balloons

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 06:53:08 am »
Thank you for the reply.  Replacements has not seen this either but said they would keep looking. My wife found this at an antique/junk store some 5 years ago for $5.00.  Given it's decoration and my difficulty in finding a pattern much less other pieces, I rather fancy (as we all do at times) I have a rare piece.  On the other hand it has lit a fire and I have since collected 3 other Tuscan Cups and saucers as well as 5-6 other brands that are extremely decorative in appearance.  Will check out the other listing you gave thanks.

The Balloon Artist
Twisted Creations

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 11:29:47 pm »
Interesting search - & if you read my bonafides, you know I love web research, particularly if it's porcelain & pottery- (and you know I'm not an expert) - - -but

http://www.thepotteries.org/mark/p/plantrhsl.html  

British, some history - and another site with quality British items:

http://www.glamorganantiques.co.uk/porcelain.htm

check frequently here:  www.kaleden.com    (select porcelain/pottery & fine tune to perhaps "bone china"_

and don't forget to go here from time to time - for all your Tuscan/Royal Tuscan patterns :  http://search.ebay.co.uk/royal-tuscan_W0QQ...osortpropertyZ1

I hope this is helpful - I guess I've made you an "Official Web Researcher", (    ;) )     Best wishes, KB

Balloons

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 09:02:38 am »
I hope this is helpful - I guess I've made you an "Official Web Researcher", (    ;) )     Best wishes, KB

bows and accepts

A lazy one though.  I went through 4-5 pages on replacements.  Something I've dreaded.  Did not see any of my 4 patterns.  Did however with your first link establish that all 4 of my patterns are post 1947 via potters mark.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 09:23:45 am by Balloons »

The Balloon Artist
Twisted Creations

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 10:04:30 pm »
just a FYI - last Saturday I made my regular visits to my favorite local malls, shops (small town here) and my eye went right to a gorgeous handle-less cup - nice - picked up, lo & behold, Tuscan - no saucer, $18.  KB   :D  

Balloons

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 09:03:27 am »
These are my other 3 with saucers.  I didn't see these at replacements or anywhere else.  So if you recognize these it would be appreciated.

You can also see why I particularly like these Tuscans.

The Balloon Artist
Twisted Creations