Author Topic: G. Schroter oil on canvas help!  (Read 8709 times)

dezertrzr

• View Profile
Re: G. Schroter oil on canvas help!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »
"the plot thickens"... You got that right! There`s just a whole bunch of weird going on with these paintings. Plus the names, Prices etc. I`m telling ya I searched forever I didn't just hop on this forum and post the easy way. I`ve got a couple more paintings I gave up on searching but they`re not going to be this hard. I hope.

Ipcress

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 01:26:58 pm »
We're back in ' after ' territory here, to put it politely.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »
I agree Ipcress !! Nice little mid century painting but nothing exceptional !!

Ipcress

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »
Also

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=2947&aid=39474&lid=10502948

The lost was passed on, not sold for $1,500.

Highly unlikely it was the same artist. Brush strokes and style are different. There are some listed on auction sites that have apparently been sold for £200, but they appear more detailed than the one pictured in this thread. I don't like how the signature is part grey, part orange and smudged.

dezertrzr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »
I totally agree with everything you guys said, Especially when it comes to the asking and the getting price, Two totally different things for sure. You guys are experts and really appreciate the help, Only someone who really knows what they`re doing can looks at brush strokes, Signature etc. Not hard up there`s a drill bit worth over $1000 sitting by my laptop I just oiled to prevent corrosion I should take a pic and put that in the frame. Just wanted to make sure I didnt have something rare that I was just going to dump on ebay, Give away or put it back up in the garage rafters.
I hate to waste your time with junk but I had to find out somehow plus I enjoy learning about old things and history. Hopefully it`s not to bad but there`s going to be a few more things that I just can`t figure out what exactly how old and how rare. Just put up with me for a little while guys!  ;D Thanks again for your help! Charlie

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 04:45:10 pm »
If they were able to put up with me,Charlie...then..there,s every likelihood..that they,ll put up with you....just keep the pics of your junk coming....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

dezertrzr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 04:53:11 pm »
If they were able to put up with me,Charlie...then..there,s every likelihood..that they,ll put up with you....just keep the pics of your junk coming....

Haha! You said it I`m gonna hold ya to it! I`ve got two more pieces I actually like I`m going to post, should I start a new thread or just keep it rolling here?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:56:27 pm by dezertrzr »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 05:21:35 pm »
better with a new thread....some folk get confused...then we don,t know if we,re coming or going..and everything ends up arse to elbow... ;D

dezertrzr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 05:35:59 pm »
better with a new thread....some folk get confused...then we don,t know if we,re coming or going..and everything ends up arse to elbow... ;D

Ya good point, I`ve had enough of Schroter anyways...... Once again thanks for the help guys.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »
yeah, too much of im...and you,d end up having a brainfart... ;D