Author Topic: Help Identifying & Pricing  (Read 1422 times)

horseyjesse

• View Profile
Help Identifying & Pricing
« on: January 10, 2005, 07:29:51 pm »
my grandma was getting rid of a lot of her old things, and she had me take some of them to see if they were worth anything.  i searched the web to the best of my abilities but i couldnt find information for everything.  

if any of you could help with any of these items i would be very thankful.

first up

crown duval plate.  says made in england on the bottom.  has imprint patter along edge

next up

a dish my grandma's aunt bought in japan a looooong time ago.  hand painted.  says hand painted  Nippon on the back

next is a bird.  it has no markings on it but my grandma is sure that it is very old and it is worth something (i believe she said it was from holland?)

thanks so much!

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 02:43:25 am »
First the Crown Ducal plate - here's a site with some info, but not a lot of backstamps - a bit of history tho'

http://www.thepotteries.org/allpotters/852.htm

Your plate is transferware, with an embossed edge.  Made in England after 1921.  Part of a dinnerware set.  But pretty enough to display on a shelf or a wall.  Value guestimate $18 - $25.

The Nippon dish - probably made before 1921 - condition seems excellent, and the raised dots very typical - I'll tentatively say $100, could go more.   And on the backstamp - is there another symbol below the writing - or is that a shadow?  

The bird ? - I don't have the level of expertise to even begin a search - it's very unusual.  

Maybe D&B Antiques will see this -               :)            KB

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 06:15:11 pm »
your bird' is very 1930's. $75.00 dollars. :o