Author Topic: Coronation Blend Tin  (Read 3671 times)

Stuff-For-Sale

Coronation Blend Tin
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:11 pm »
I have a tea tin from the early 1900s. The company is Coronation Blend and it comes from Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Here are a few pics:

I am looking for any information I can get on it, if anyone knows anything. I'm also looking to see what it's worth. I have about $15 or $20 into it.
Thanks

Stuff-For-Sale

Re: Coronation Blend Tin
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:44 am »
Anyone?

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 01:44:03 pm »
There are a lot of tea tin and biscuit tin collectors out there. Condition means a great deal to them. Unfortunately this one has a lot of paint loss. I really can't be of anymore help than that. Sorry.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:42:26 pm »
I will check tomorrow !!  Kovels had one I think but pic took too long !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »
I do not think this tin is  1900,s..I think its in commemoration  of the Coronation of George 6th...and that took place in the 20th century...1937...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:09 am »
I think that what he meant !!  1900`s not 19th century !!  I think thats it too !! 1937 !!

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 12:47:45 pm »
Hey, I was born an hour from Halifax in Kentville,apple capital of the world,beautiful country! Not sure about the tin,sorry. Find something with the Bluenose or something to do with the Halifax explosion then you may be on to something.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 06:41:54 pm »
S-F-S, don't know where you're located, but that tin selling in Halifax (or really anywhere in NS) would likely bring you $30-40, especially during tourist season (which isn't hellish long).  Still lots of Royalists around  ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 07:25:27 pm »
S-F-S, don't know where you're located, but that tin selling in Halifax (or really anywhere in NS) would likely bring you $30-40, especially during tourist season (which isn't hellish long).  Still lots of Royalists around  ;)
Avril Hates the Royals...calls them a bunch o. thieving sponging gits...that made their coin aff the backs o. the pare... ;D

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »
Avril Hates the Royals...calls them a bunch o. thieving sponging gits...that made their coin aff the backs o. the pare... ;D

We've got much the same, except we call them politicians  :P

Stuff-For-Sale

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 07:40:41 pm »
I'm actually from PEI. But maybe I should advertise it on those Used Canada websites. I bought a bundle of things, I'd like to break even and keep the rest to start a collection. This is my first go at collecting/selling antiques  ;D

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 07:46:58 pm »
Hey there fellow Maritimer!!  :)  I've got some original (though distant) shots of their Royal Majesties from their first official visit to Halifax.........sho ts were taken around the CN Hotel (now the Westin). Be more than happy to send them off to you and you could do up a neat package to sell. ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:45 pm »
Hey there fellow Maritimer!!  :)  I've got some original (though distant) shots of their Royal Majesties from their first official visit to Halifax.........sho ts were taken around the CN Hotel (now the Westin). Be more than happy to send them off to you and you could do up a neat package to sell. ;)
shame they were the wrong kind of shots......

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 09:59:54 pm »
I'm actually from PEI. But maybe I should advertise it on those Used Canada websites. I bought a bundle of things, I'd like to break even and keep the rest to start a collection. This is my first go at collecting/selling antiques  ;D

You might want to go the Kijiji route.......it's pretty well replaced everything else and reaches a wider audience.  Craigslist is starting to finally catch on as well.