Author Topic: teapot id  (Read 5306 times)

revil41

• View Profile
teapot id
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »
My brother has this i am going to say its a teapot. The seal is blurry so i can not tell for sure whose it is, also the spout is wide.

Here are some pictures. Thanks for the help.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/revil41/teapot/20130312_164344_zps18cb6049.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/revil41/teapot/20130312_164358_zps02d7dda6.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/revil41/teapot/20130312_164338_zps1c3b7520.jpg

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: teapot id
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:18 pm »
This does look like a type of teapot for infusing green tea,the dry leaves would be put in then hot water poured over, the tea liquor would then filter into the bowl under the little holes then you pour...if its not that..then its an oil lamp?
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:33:52 pm »
This mark looks like an English mark...see pic of one i found..also found this word on another similar mark
Tettau"

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

gg27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:16:30 am »
Looks to me like more repro Blue & White out of Asia.  GG

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:08:57 am »

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:18:49 am »

I agree...and it's not a tea pot, it's meant to be a "Scuttle Shaving Mug". Shaving soap on the top over the drain holes, warm water and brush in the scuttle, straight razor laying across the indent by the handle...and you're good to go.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 08:29:33 am »
I think maybe the pages of your big book are stuck together...this is no shaving mug...I can see the similarities....but i think you are far off your eggs on this one.... ;D...and until you can show me otherwise...its for making tea.... :P

Ipcress

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 08:32:47 am »

Yeah - the sheen on the glaze is wrong, and the mark dodgy. The one on Ebay is also modern

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 08:39:58 am »
I think maybe the pages of your big book are stuck together...this is no shaving mug...I can see the similarities....but i think you are far off your eggs on this one.... ;D...and until you can show me otherwise...its for making tea.... :P

Not quite the same, but getting close...
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-victoria-ironstone-blue-willow-scuttle-shaving

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 10:05:31 am »
We have been collecting tea items for years and years...and this isn't a tea pot!

Just search "scuttle" or "scuttle shaving mug" and you will see more than you want to!  :)

More to view
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/99854-What-is-a-shaving-mug-used-for

"In this one you fill up the reservoir underneath and keep the soap in the top. It was used mainly before running water, so you could take nice hot water to your mirror, dunk your brush through the opening, and load up on top and then facelather

The mug is simply used to hold the soap in and load up your brush on, you then lather up in a seperate bowl or on your face"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:32:32 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 10:10:49 am »
We have been collecting tea items for years and years...and this isn't a tea pot!

Just search "scuttle" or "scuttle shaving mug" and you will see more than you want to!  :)

More to view
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/99854-What-is-a-shaving-mug-used-for
You,re getting as bad as Mart....we,ve already been down the shaving mug road..."or was it The Yellow Brick Road".... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 10:23:16 am »
Got to agree with Rauville and KC on this one !!  Ain`t big enough for a good cup of tea !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 10:33:22 am »

And you were saying.......

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:35 am »

And you were saying.......
Well, with the consensus of opinion...stacked against me....you all may be........barking up the wrong tree...but...on the other hand..you might be right... ;D