Author Topic: Candy dish question  (Read 4848 times)

Buddie11

• View Profile
Candy dish question
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:10:26 pm »
I know this is not old,but I am a complete rookie when it comes to precious metals. From the quick research I have done it is Italian. I always worry when I post worthless items,like my bag of candy,which was a hit. That's why I use this site.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Candy dish question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »
Looks like crystal and sterling if I am reading it correctly !!  Its blurred on top line when enlarged !! And its sideways !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:18:49 pm »
Looks like crystal and sterling if I am reading it correctly !!  Its blurred on top line when enlarged !! And its sideways !!
not good for yer neck...but what do you expect....he,s a Canadian...from New Scotland...or as the Frogs call it....Nouvelle-Écosse....which probably means he,ll have Jock roots...or Breton...and they do everything sideways.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:49:55 pm »
not good for yer neck...but what do you expect....he,s a Canadian...from New Scotland...or as the Frogs call it....Nouvelle-Écosse....which probably means he,ll have Jock roots...or Breton...and they do everything sideways.... ;D

EXCUSE me!!??  :-\  I'll have you know some of my roots come from about 3 hrs south of you. Don't you be messin' with a fellow Bluenoser!!!

:D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 07:00:51 pm »

EXCUSE me!!??  :-\  I'll have you know some of my roots come from about 3 hrs south of you. Don't you be messin' with a fellow Bluenoser!!!

Are you telling me you have Weegie blood in you.. ;D.and the only bluenosers I know are Rangers supporters like me.

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 07:05:51 pm »

Are you telling me you have Weegie blood in you.. ;D.and the only bluenosers I know are Rangers supporters like me.

It's Bluenoser with a capital 'B'........and we'se proud of it!!  Aitken, from Kircudbright   (mixed with MacDonald, likely from some back hill)  ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »
Here you,..them Doonhammers fae Dumfries...their Bluenosers...are ye ain o.them...or are ye the Weegie kind... ;D

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:37 pm »
Just a test. Tried twice nothing came through

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »
Through where...??...in through the out door perhaps... ::)

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:28:28 pm »
Poor Buddie.......totall y mucked up this thread.  Back to the topic, basically nothing that I could find except this blurb from a few years ago on another forum.  Confirms the crystal/silver, Italian....either made by or distributed by a company under the name Susy.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=21371.0

From those tiny pics, the object of the thread looks to be very similar to yours.....but again, no helpful info. :(

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 07:30:05 pm »
No football for me wullie.....neither your kind nor ours.  Harness racing is my passion, must have been born in the barn.  ;)

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 07:31:48 pm »
Good memory,game on? Sapphire rocks eh?

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »
Buddie, if you ever pass through north Edmonton, give Castle Downs a wave from me (you can use just one finger if you like).  Left that city in '77 and never looked back.  Back 'home' for me ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 07:50:49 pm »
Everyone lost me on this thread except Buddie11 !!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 07:54:23 pm »
Everyone lost me on this thread except Buddie11 !!

Oops!  wullie and I are being bad.......but if you search real hard you'll find my pathetic attempt at an 'answer'   ;)