Author Topic: Where can i find one to buy???  (Read 1815 times)

valmont325

• View Profile
Where can i find one to buy???
« on: March 14, 2013, 02:47:55 pm »
Looking for a "Vacation Viewer"   These go by many many names. I have seen variations of them but i want one of these as shown in the photo.  I know Tower Optical Co is one source but i heard they do not sell.   Any other ideas?   I feel like i should go to a boardwalk and take one.  I think it would be an awesome item to have.   So any ideas on where to buy one?  and what kind of price range id be looking at?

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Where can i find one to buy???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 05:36:04 pm »
Keep searching on Ebay. One will eventually turn up. The problem is that most were owned by the city, state or federal parks system who will just throw things into buildings and leave them there to rot. Try to buy an old traffic signal. There were thousands of them but where are they. Or those old fire alarm or mail boxes. The government have no foresight.

I have been looking for an old drive in movie speaker. Seen one anywhere? All the drive ins were torn down but where did the speakers go. Landfills I guess.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:12:40 pm »
Keep searching on Ebay. One will eventually turn up. The problem is that most were owned by the city, state or federal parks system who will just throw things into buildings and leave them there to rot. Try to buy an old traffic signal. There were thousands of them but where are they. Or those old fire alarm or mail boxes. The government have no foresight.

I have been looking for an old drive in movie speaker. Seen one anywhere? All the drive ins were torn down but where did the speakers go. Landfills I guess.
two identical threads and you pick the odd one....who,s got bats in their attic ;D...you,d better get back to Wall-Mart...for more specials...or better still ask snake charmer Mart...she,s got loads of cheaters...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:19:01 pm »

[/qhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-drive-movie-theather-speakers-1-pair-original-control-volumn-knob-/261184591326?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D6248271423106104036%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D5%26sd%3D230863584514%26uote]
Hope this link works !!  Try this Frogpatch !!  Found several on ebay at reasonable prices !!

valmont325

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:21:15 pm »

yeah i guess ebay would be best...  But the next question is, what is the best thing to search for? they are called so many things.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:32:53 pm »
coin operated viewer..or coin operated telescope...still think you,d be better off with a spotting scope,or tele, like my pic...then you could mount it on a stand,...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 06:34:39 am »
The problem is that most were owned by the city, state or federal parks system who will just throw things into buildings and leave them there to rot.

Our Public School Systems do the same thing.

They "scrap out" literally tens of thousands of dollars worth of still useable items every year that could easily be sold at public auctions.

I really don't think the SB's want the public to know how much is actually trashed/wasted each year.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:19:09 am »
You got that right Cogar !!  Add hospitals and municipal govts. too !!