Author Topic: Carved Teak Coffee Table  (Read 3801 times)

Loubeck

• View Profile
Carved Teak Coffee Table
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:34:21 am »
My father-in-law recently passed away and left us his prized possession- a hand-carved, teak wood coffee table.  The table was originally purchased in Sept of 1970 in Vietnam while he was stationed there with the US Military. We still have the original receipt as well. Can someone take a look and let us know if you think it's worth anything?

Thank You

Loubeck

• View Profile
Re: Carved Teak Coffee Table
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:35:57 am »
Here are a few more pictures. Thanks again for looking.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:39 am »
These tables are fine repo,s...they fetch good money...here,s one for sale with an estimate of around $1700..does this one open

http://ancientpoint.com/inf/94398-custom_wood_coffee_table_hand_carved_vietnamese_mahogany.html
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Loubeck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:15 am »
These tables are fine repo,s...they fetch good money...here,s one for sale with an estimate of around $1700..does this one open

http://ancientpoint.com/inf/94398-custom_wood_coffee_table_hand_carved_vietnamese_mahogany.html

It does not open up- it has a glass top that rests on top of the carving that can come off though.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:58:22 am »

It does not open up- it has a glass top that rests on top of the carving that can come off though.
Which means??..it does open up...but its not hinged.....its small wonder that I don,t have much hair left!!

Loubeck

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:49:25 am »

Which means??..it does open up...but its not hinged.....its small wonder that I don,t have much hair left!!

Oh. Well then yes, I guess it does open up.  ;D  Sorry, I thought you were asking if it had some sort of storage or something (which it does not-other than a small drawer on the front side).

Thanks

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:49:32 am »

Oh. Well then yes, I guess it does open up.  ;D  Sorry, I thought you were asking if it had some sort of storage or something (which it does not-other than a small drawer on the front side).

Thanks

lets just say ..it was lost in translation..like.."it has no storage"..other than a small drawer...which again is storage...oops..the re goes some more hair.... ;D

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:10:17 pm »
My favorite E-Bay phrase:

"It's perfect except for....."
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »
a former friend of mine.,s favourite saying was..."I,m not criticizing you"...But!!...he said it once too often.,..that,s another one... anyway..he,s a former....

Ipcress

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 01:56:19 pm »

" MINT !! "

And you can see the tears / scratches / cracks without using zoom.

Loubeck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 02:12:41 pm »

Thanks

lets just say ..it was lost in translation..like.."it has no storage"..other than a small drawer...which again is storage...oops..the re goes some more hair.... ;D

Oops. I guess I did it again. Sorry about that.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »

from US ebay.....

Rare complete set of 36 silver plated presidential spoons from President George Washington to Richard Nixon (Nixon was the last spoon created). Presidential figurehead at each handle tip, and a different designed scene in each spoon bowl. Each spoon is 6" long and each bowl is 1 1/4," weighing 0.05 lbs.
Excellent Condition....Missin g one spoon...pillock.... . ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 08:21:36 pm »
Pay no attention to Wullie !!  He gives everyone a hard time !!  He is our ornery Scotsman !!  ;)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 05:17:40 am »

from US ebay.....

Rare complete set of 36 silver plated presidential spoons from President George Washington to Richard Nixon (Nixon was the last spoon created). Presidential figurehead at each handle tip, and a different designed scene in each spoon bowl. Each spoon is 6" long and each bowl is 1 1/4," weighing 0.05 lbs.
Excellent Condition....Missin g one spoon...pillock.... . ;D

Yeah!! "A complete set missing one spoon."   
Complete???  Where do I begin...
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 06:19:20 am »
Pay no attention to Wullie !!  He gives everyone a hard time !!  He is our ornery Scotsman !!  ;)
Now,Mart that,s not fair, :'(..I was just doing what i usually do,..pick up on little foibles,..and putting a smile on ...some peoples faces....but I,m glad you got the Scotsman part right.....i usually get Scotchman.....or... Grumpy old git,...... ;D