Author Topic: Vintage Presidents Commemorative Spoon Collection  (Read 2021 times)

btcomp

• View Profile
Vintage Presidents Commemorative Spoon Collection
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:58:37 pm »
I have a 30 spoon collection of presidents, Wm Rogers from George Washington through Herbert Hoover that I want to sell on Craigslist. Also, thinking of opening up an Etsy account, but have not used it. Any ideas on price, I know the Wm Rogers set don't bring in much for silverware. And I don't have a case.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Vintage Presidents Commemorative Spoon Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:39:13 am »
I thought I saw the same set selling on Etsy for 45.00, unless its yours.

btcomp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:56:34 pm »
No Frogpatch, they aren't mine, but I am going to register on Etsy, and maybe put them there, probably about same price. I don't think I will polish as some say some like the old look. My mom collected but only has through Herbert Hoover, so I assume that the set with 31 spoons, might be through Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »
there is an incomplete set of 36 minus 1 from GW through to Nixon on US ebay..with a buy it now..of $100+
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21:14 pm »
These are not uncommon.  Apparently lots of kids/grandkids selling the inherited pieces.

There are quite a few on ebay often!

On 3/4 a set of 34 sold for $34.51 and the others were less.  Lots for sell.  Little selling.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

btcomp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 06:56:50 am »
Well that almost makes me want to find a holder and just keep them, but will think on it. I may just put on Craigslist, though I do need to register with Etsy. Thanks, KC & Bigwull.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 07:18:02 am »
Items like these spoons...that were probably bought over a period of years...may have seemed like an investment at the time...what with all the sales talk...playing on your patriotism...but now...nobody wants them...I fell into a similar trap a few years ago,with fine Worcester china plates...that had Lord of the Rings characters on them....the LOTR hype was at its highest..everyone was raving about the films,..then on the back page of a magazine...was an ad,for these Danbury Mint...Worcester china plates...they were a monthly issue,..i bought 8  altogether....but there was a lot more in the collection....I,ve had them now for 10 years or more...and they are stuck away in a box as they are virtually worthless,..they are on ebay all the time...but few rarely sell,...i,m now of a mind to start using them for the purpose they were made for....to eat out ojavascript:void(0);f...do that with your spoons...had they been silver you could have got more money scrapping them....but as they are not....stir your coffee with J Edgar....and stick another P in the jam pot... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,