Author Topic: Entertainment Center & Kitchen Cabinet projects  (Read 2942 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Entertainment Center & Kitchen Cabinet projects
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:37:20 am »
I like to offer my opinion on how to “fix n’ repair” things and sometimes it is contrary to the advice of others so this is a Show & Tell post so that you will know where I am “coming from” and you can decide for yourselves.

Now I have been fixing, repairing, refinishing and building things made of wood nigh onto 40+ years now and I don’t claim to be an expert on anything but I do think that I manage to “get by” and end up with some decent looking results. And two (2) of my projects I will show you pictures of, to wit:

Project #1 - Now for months n’ months the wife was hinting that I should buy her an entertainment center but I thought they were far too expen$ive. But I finally conceded to her request and bought myself a Dewalt planer, designed the plans from a picture in a Sales paper and began building her one which she seems to be quite happy with. Here is a picture of it, ….. what do you think?   

Project #2 - The wife’s kitchen is quite small with limited countertop and cabinet space and thus was always “junked up” with things stacked here, there and on the floor so I decided to build her a cabinet to ease the clutter problem. So, after taking measurements I used the Micrografx Draw program on my PC to generate the detailed “plans” for my original design of a kitchen cabinet that would ease part of the clutter problem. Now following are 6 pictures of her cabinet, showing 3 construction “stages” and 3 of the “finished” product. I hope it meets your approval.

;D

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Center & Kitchen Cabinet projects
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:56:46 am »
The entertainment center is gorgeous!  It reminds me very much of a German piece I admired in a friend's home. Can't for the life of me remember what the proper name was but beside being an outstanding, massive piece of furniture it was both utilitarian and beautiful.

Your kitchen unit is much like my 'pantry'.....just stack one side on top of the other and you've got mine. LOVE it and couldn't live without it.

You can build me something any ol' time!   ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 08:21:04 am »
Believe me Cogar,, no one has ever doubted your ability !!  Your entertainment center is a beauty as is the cabinet !!  Your wife should be very happy !!
PS,, we don`t have contrary opinions !! Just different methods to accomplish the same objective !! ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:44:07 am »
The entertainment center is gorgeous!  It reminds me very much of a German piece I admired in a friend's home. Can't for the life of me remember what the proper name was but beside being an outstanding, massive piece of furniture it was both utilitarian and beautiful.

Your kitchen unit is much like my 'pantry'.....just stack one side on top of the other and you've got mine. LOVE it and couldn't live without it.

This is probably what you saw Sapphire, ..or something similar...the proper name is Shrunk...they are humongous pieces of furniture...and some took up a whole  wall,..they were usually made of oak...see pic
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:02 pm »

This is probably what you saw Sapphire, ..or something similar...the proper name is Shrunk...they are humongous pieces of furniture...and some took up a whole  wall,..they were usually made of oak...see pic

That's it!!  I couldn't take my eyes off it.  Beautiful.......an entire wall of gorgeous workmanship.  Didn't even want to contemplate what it cost......or cost them to ship back home to NS.

Cogar, I'll find the wall space if you want to fill it for me ;-)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:22:54 pm »
You could always flash that Pumpkin butt at your boss...ask for a raise...then when he says no....you can show him the pic and tell him its a must have..... ;D

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »
You could always flash that Pumpkin butt at your boss...ask for a raise...then when he says no....you can show him the pic and tell him its a must have..... ;D

Glad I wasn't taking a swig when I read this!!  My 'boss' is a she, so that won't work. Her boss (the big guy who signs our cheques) I've never met.......only ever had the dubious pleasure of calling him every time something at work has broken (usually involving the loss of produce) ......so I'm sure he only associates me with being the bearer of bad news.  :(  And our doorstep out back is two used pallets fastened together with a 2 x 4 and screws........so I don't think the beauty of one of these would really make an impression. 

Maybe I could take my pumpkin butt down to Hollis Street and earn some better money  :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »
 Ha !!!  Just pick a good street corner ,,Sapphire !!  Just joking !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 02:43:55 am »
Ha !!!  Just pick a good street corner ,,Sapphire !!  Just joking !!
You don,t even have to do that nowadays...just...g et yer pumpkin ass in front of a web-cam...charge a few $$ a hit...and just wait for them $$ to roll in..... ;D ;D

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »
Nice work Cogar!
Antiqueaholic in recovery