Author Topic: small hand painted pitcher signed Evaline  (Read 1558 times)

agreeneyes

small hand painted pitcher signed Evaline
« on: March 26, 2013, 05:10:35 pm »
This small pitcher is signed ceramics by Evaline on the bottom .  I'm unable to find any information on this person.  Is anyone familar with this artist? Are you able to tell if it was hand formed or from a mold by looking at the pictures? It appears to be hand painted because the pattern feels raised and I notice brush strokes.  I believe this could date from 1940s or 1950s, but I'm not sure.  This is why I'm again coming to the experts.  Can anyone give me any information on the artist, or date this and possibly the value? It does have slight crazing, . Is the gilt gold painted with gold leaf? thank you

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: small hand painted pitcher signed Evaline
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »
This does,nt look like a factory made jug,i,d be more inclined to say, a piece of studio work,...possibly a one off,..over here in UK,unless this pot thrower is well known...it has very little value,
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

agreeneyes

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:13:05 pm »
Thank you for your information

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »
This does,nt look like a factory made jug,i,d be more inclined to say, a piece of studio work,...possibly a one off,..over here in UK,unless this pot thrower is well known...it has very little value,

Either that, or it's a commercial blank that was decorated and glazed by Evaline. Around here, there are a number of china painters that make a practice of doing that.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:39:59 pm »
They are correct !!  Probably from the ceramic craze of the 70`s and 80`s !!  Hobbyists could buy unfinished ceramics and paint at any number of shops and take classes to learn the technique of painting, glazing, applying decals and the shop would fire them for a small fee !!  Thats why the hand written signature !!  This could have been done by the shop owner !!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:50:08 pm by mart »

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »
I agreed with you all on the duplicate post that was put up. I hate when that happens.

agreeneyes

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 07:50:16 pm »
I appreciate all of the information, thank you

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »
Tales hasn`t been lately on to catch the duplicates !!