Author Topic: George William Mundelein medal  (Read 1574 times)

Murena

• View Profile
George William Mundelein medal
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:42:12 am »
Hello,
It is silver religious medal (d=35mm).  On an obverse of this medal are presented George William Mundelein (July 2, 1872 – October 2, 1939) cardinal and archbishop of Chicago, coat of arms. On a reverse of medal are altar and inscription:  Ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam ("To God, the joy of my youth."). Sept XXI MCMXXXIV (September 21, 1934). In my opinion this medal is commemorative silver medal for the silver jubilee of Mundelein's consecration to bishop in September 21, 1909.
It is my find in flea market, Germany.  I didn't find any information in sources about this medal and I would like to know is it rare? Of course, possible value?
Thanks in advance.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: George William Mundelein medal
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:27:43 am »
You have said you purchased this at a floh markt...in Germany...what part of Germany...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Murena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:25:05 am »
You have said you purchased this at a floh markt...in Germany...what part of Germany...
Not far from Dortmund. I often visit various flea markets in Germany. It is possible to find rare medals, badges; for example (rare): Helsinki White Guards regimental badge from 1918 (silver).

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 10:11:25 pm »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,