Author Topic: metal box and aladdin lamp  (Read 4331 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
metal box and aladdin lamp
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:03:31 am »
Let me try this again, havent been on in a while  ::). Maybe some one can help me, i bought these items at an auction last night. I found a lamp similar on e bay but different handle,still didnt get much info. And for the box probably worth 50 cents :D  I paid 1 dollar. The blue knob is crooked as it can get thats on the lid, and it looks like someone took something off the bottom, all it says is china and i just dont know what those burn looking things are. It wouldnt let me post 1 more pic. and im not sure which 1 didnt make it. Any way any info on it would help. In a way looks like a child tryed to make it but like i said it just says china on the bottom. Thanks alot. I know the pic that didnt make it. It has bill vine or something on the bottom of the lamp. Still not sure if the pics made it tho.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:56:21 am by shakesgirl »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: metal box and aladdin lamp
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:28:37 am »
the second looks like an oil lamp.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:39 am »
the second looks like an oil lamp.

Yes, it has a long wick inside of it. Its never been lit tho. Also has a large cross on the bottom of it. And i believe bill vine mohl. Ive found 1 on ebay but the handle wasnt nothing like it. And it looked chipped at the spout,but the seller said it was made like that, i dont think so tho because mine isnt chipped there or no nowhere else. I've been checking all morning for info on it. Now that metal can is another story  :-\. I cant find A THING on it. I just understand why they would make such a crooked knob on top of the lid. It also has small chips of glass im sure all around the knob. It is a little heavy so im not really sure what it is made of. Thank you for your input and God bless.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:06:57 am »
Try looking for whale oil lamps !!  Box is pretty and would have probably had three feet same as the glass knob !!  Can you take a close shot of the box top from above so we can see whats on it ??  It looks like a trinket box !!

Ipcress

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:37:22 pm »
Looks like market stall stuff to me aimed at the tourists.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:45:21 pm »
Me too !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 12:57:14 pm »
May be right. The auctioneer said he gets the stuff from ky and ind. Then he has an auction every friday night. I just look for things maybe i can make a few bucks off. Last summer i bought an old wooden toy soldier at a yard sale for 25 cents  sold it on line for 20 bucks. Im still grinning about that one ;D Thanks for the help and God bless.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »
That lamp is nice,, is anything on the bottom of it ??  You can replace the feet on the brass box,,its probably from a middle eastern country !!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 02:27:58 pm »
That lamp is nice,, is anything on the bottom of it ??  You can replace the feet on the brass box,,its probably from a middle eastern country !!
yes. It has bill vine mohl and a large cross.  It says box but its the lamp, im not sure my pics are going thru.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 06:40:06 pm »
Bill Mohl has a website but its down now !! Just google Bill Mohl oil lamps !!  that other word is Vive,, his wife I think,,both potters !!  could be around $50. !!!

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 06:29:51 am »
Thank you so much,and have a blessed day. :)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 10:04:35 am »
Thank you so much,and have a blessed day. :) Well wish me luck, seeing that the trinket box is cheapy, if theres such a word ;D  im going to get a knife and find out what that rattle is.Might take a while, looks like its welded together.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 12:08:07 pm »
Whoa !!!  You didn`t tell us all that !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 12:54:26 pm »
If its welded..a knife is going to be as much use as a eunuch in a house of ill repute,try a hammer and cold chisel,...or a grinder it,ll be quicker.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 01:16:02 pm »
 ;D Your not lying, i gave up. Anywhere i put the knife, it just wasnt working.