Author Topic: what is this?  (Read 9322 times)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: what is this?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »
seeing as how we have diversed a little....what album are they on about ....

"For an album that shouldn't have been recorded by a band that didn't exist"....year 1970.....band.?..... ;D

King Crimson of course! Album: In the Wake of Poseidon. Great album btw.

Oh and great catch on Black Sabbath, only it's from the first album (witch cover).
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 01:02:06 pm »
Mmmm,,, Never could get into those groups !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 01:06:42 pm »
Mmmm,,, Never could get into those groups !!
Straight people never could...only freaks on M.A.D,s....could,....and you Dear Mart...wer,nt one of them....you were probably a more ..middle of the road type..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 01:21:04 pm »
seeing as how we have diversed a little....what album are they on about ....

"For an album that shouldn't have been recorded by a band that didn't exist"....year 1970.....band.?..... ;D

King Crimson of course! Album: In the Wake of Poseidon. Great album btw.

Oh and great catch on Black Sabbath, only it's from the first album (witch cover).
..for a bunch of nutters....they had some cracking..songs.... I like Changes...Vol 4

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »
Saw these low-key fellows @ a racetrack over on your side o' the pond , in 1991 ... original photos from it got 'rehomed' , dang it !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:12 pm »
One of the members comes from Kirriemuir...which is also the home town.. of the Peter Pan creator...JM Barrie...15 miles from where i,m sitting

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 02:34:26 pm »
Still have my Black Sabbath albums!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 03:36:08 pm »
Still have my Black Sabbath albums!
Mart,....take note.....KC....did,nt lead a sheltered life.....not saying she participated in M.A.D,s.............but.......well,lets just say......she musta been a freak.... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 05:31:02 pm »
AC DC cover above !!  That is one ugly dude !!  I would bet no one could imagine hitting the sack with that !!  Sorry folks but when I look at those guys I think,, didn`t their mother teach them to comb the hair ??  Those shorts look like a dude wearing a skirt !!  Don`t like those even now !! I mean he is skinny, scrawney, with toothpick legs and those shoes look like he could ski with them !!  I mean they gotta at least look halfway decent for me to look or listen twice !!  And no Wullie I didn`t like the Stones either !! Every time I listened to one of their songs I could picture Mick Jagger in my head and that just blew it for me !!!  But it saved me a lot of money !!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:45:58 pm by mart »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 05:50:04 pm »
AC DC cover above !!  That is one ugly dude !! I would bet no one could imagine hitting the sack with that!!  Sorry folks but when I look at those guys I think,, didn`t their mother teach them to comb the hair ??  Those shorts look like a dude wearing a skirt !!  Don`t like those even now !! I mean he is skinny, scrawney, with toothpick legs and those shoes look like he could ski with them !!  I mean they gotta at least look halfway decent for me to look or listen twice !!  And no Wullie I didn`t like the Stones either !! Every time I listened to one of their songs I could picture Mick Jagger in my head and that just blew it for me !!!  But it saved me a lot of money !!
Well, Dear Mart....we have a saying over here....which by all accounts...you will probably understand....even although your taste in music has left me a little bemused....."when poking the fire there is never a need to look at the mantlepiece".....now to your taste in music....are you going to enlighten us.....FZ perhaps....like weasels ripped my Flesh,...or Capt Beefheart,s Trout Mask Replica...what about...some nice Blue Oyster Cult.....surely they must have rang yer bell...or twinkled yer tootsies....or, NY,s...After the Goldrush...surely you like him....Sapphire should, but Lynyrd skynyrd.they ..hate him.......or are you going to shock us..with ..the Carpenters....etc.. ..if so..I,d rather not know....cos...that would burst my little bubble.... ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:24:22 pm by bigwull »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 06:42:44 pm »
You don`t want to know !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 07:48:21 pm »
Actually grew up in a small country town...but still listened to music that drove my parents crazy!  LOL
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »
Actually grew up in a small country town...but still listened to music that drove my parents crazy!  LOL
Did,nt we all drive our parents crazy....I know mine,s despaired at times...especially my dad...as he came from the Ukraine...which was under Soviet rule...I can remember..going to school dressed the way my parents wanted me dressed..then when i turned 16..1966...i got my first job...and started to develope my own identity...and i saved up my wages for 3 months..then went out and bought myself, a whole new rig out...top to toe..and and went home...and my mother almost had a fit...at the way i was dressed...and when my dad came home...he went nuts...and a massive argument ensued...and he threatened to throw me out....but my mum..stepped in.....bitter sweet memories...

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 08:45:15 pm »
Did,nt we all drive our parents crazy....I know mine,s despaired at times...especially my dad...as he came from the Ukraine...which was under Soviet rule...I can remember..going to school dressed the way my parents wanted me dressed..then when i turned 16..1966...i got my first job...and started to develope my own identity...and i saved up my wages for 3 months..then went out and bought myself, a whole new rig out...top to toe..and and went home...and my mother almost had a fit...at the way i was dressed...and when my dad came home...he went nuts...and a massive argument ensued...and he threatened to throw me out....but my mum..stepped in.....bitter sweet memories...

Picture forming in head.........headba nd, beard, battik, bellbottoms and beads??? ::)

:D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »
Actually grew up in a small country town...but still listened to music that drove my parents crazy!  LOL

Picture forming in head.........headba nd, beard, battik, bellbottoms and beads??? ::)

:D

methinks your worth a watching...the only thing you,missed out on was the shaggy Afghan coat....that my mum..took to be a dead sheep.... ;D..btw...you have mail....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:53:10 pm by bigwull »