Author Topic: Necklace questions...  (Read 1627 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Necklace questions...
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:11:29 pm »
This necklace I bought in a lot and never looked into what it was. When I took a second look I realized it was Turquoise. What are the white stones? Then the pendant, is it pewter? It was bought as an antique. What are your thoughts? It's a hook clasp.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
Re: Necklace questions...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:31:20 am »
Because its a heart,, I would bet its from a tourist shop !! It isn`t marked is it ??

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:07:32 am »
Not that I can tell. What do you think the white stone is and age?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:58:20 pm »
Maybe 1960 or so but could be a little earlier or later !!  The white ones may just be a little free form glass bead !!  They are a little too consistant in size/shape to be a stone bead !! 

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:51:36 pm »
Thanks mart. I just want to give an accurate description and age, or I may make it part of a lot.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:04:02 pm »
Well , In that case better ask someone else or wait for another opinion !!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 07:49:25 pm »
Interesting , yet exact age , metal/glass/stone compositions are dang tough to tell from pics !

I'll confess that I am somewhat blue/green 'color-impaired' with the eyes , but those stones in the pendant sure look more like jade/jadite/soapstone (&etc) than turquoise to me , greenacres .

The casting looks very 20th cent. 'common' quality , but not without it's own style !

With ups & downs in the bead trade (recent & antique) of foreign & domestic ... pretty tough to tell ... in the late 90's I bought 2 beadstrands in the junkbox @ estate sale for $2 & got a small handfull of antique beads (that had been restrung on cotton twine) worth much much more ; that being said , there are/have been many Indian export (handmade) beads that can fool the pros .

I'd suggest you get out the loupe & inspect the beads in the strand , & @ least you may be able to say 'handmade beads' .... a good peep @ the 'string' that these are sittin' on might help determine age ...

No real expert on this type of thing , but first impression was that of an import , "head-shop" style .

Lets see what the next has to say !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "