Author Topic: Homer Laughlin  (Read 2549 times)

Luciana

• View Profile
Homer Laughlin
« on: January 19, 2005, 09:39:01 am »
Hi...I just came across a complete set of Homer Laughlin dishware.  It is Lady Stratford print and has 22k gold around the edges. I know that it was printed only from the 30's to the 60's, but that's all I know.  It is a complete set for 12 people and has serving platters and all sorts of other extras.  Does anyone know how much something like this would be worth and where I would go to find people would be interested?  Any help at all would be great!

kerrybee

• View Profile
Homer Laughlin
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 11:54:41 am »
this site has your pretty pattern in stock -

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/HLCLAS.htm

values given are high retail replacement.  For you to sell your set, you may get as little as 50% of values quoted.  You could check out completed prices on a major auction site; check out some of the antiques shops and antiques malls in your own area - see what similar quality sets are selling for.  Or consider consignment.      KB    :)  

Guest_Luciana

Homer Laughlin
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:03:56 pm »
thanks for the help KB..it's much appreciated...but why only 50% of the value quoted? Luciana

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

Homer Laughlin
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 07:24:18 am »
those prices quoted.are fore flawless piece's. there fore we have a replacement value for insurance purposes. as far as selling to a dealer. you could expect'25% percent or less.for the set.

sheilah

• View Profile
Homer Laughlin
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 02:30:41 pm »
I hope you still have the set. I would be very interested. I have been trying to get a set to replace my mom and dads.  please contact me and lets "talk".   Sheilahargrove@peoplepc.com