Author Topic: Anyone know anything about Fornasetti plates?  (Read 3676 times)

cmlindb

• View Profile
Anyone know anything about Fornasetti plates?
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:14:05 pm »
i got his plate for basically nothing and was wondering if anyone knows the worth of his work?

Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cmlindb

• View Profile
Re: Anyone know anything about Fornasetti plates?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »
Wow your right I stuck it up on ebay (newish seller)  and right off the bat I got a $50 bid.... can I take it down and should I?
Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 04:34:31 pm »
Yes you can end the listing at anytime...how many days have you listed it for..if there is still a few days to go...let it run...just keep checking it...then if you get a good price let it go....as it stands your well into profit...the secret is ..don,t be greedy....

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 04:43:14 pm »
Oh, I am definitely okay with the profit margin I just don't want to give something cool away for basically nothing if I might be able to just keep it for myself haha

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 04:52:56 pm »
Well, seeing as how you got it for nowt...and its not eating any of your corn...keep it...me personally, i,d punt as i think it ugly...freebies like this don,t come along often...sell it, then use the profit to buy more profit...that,s what Avril and I do...our stake is £100 per month...and our best find so far was 4 x JR150 stereo speakers, @ £4 for the 4...which sold for £900....Or you can hang it on your wall...and just hope that it never falls off.... ;)

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:56:00 pm »
I like your style.... I can't hold onto something just because other people think its worth something. I'm going to let it ride out on ebay and keep looking.

Ipcress

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »
I like your style.... I can't hold onto something just because other people think its worth something. I'm going to let it ride out on ebay and keep looking.

You should be getting a couple of hundred for this. Just be careful with shipping and someone doesn't try a scam claiming it's fake or broken and asking you to reduce the price - it's not fake.

Good luck with it !

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 07:52:44 pm »
quick update just to let you guys know because I listen to old bigwull on this one and let it ride out and the plate actually brought in $118.99... For a plate I got in a $5.00 box at an auction there is no complaining here.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:08:30 pm »
quick update just to let you guys know because I listen to old bigwull on this one and let it ride out and the plate actually brought in $118.99... For a plate I got in a $5.00 box at an auction there is no complaining here.

That is excellent !!  I assume you will go back to that auction ??  I sure would !!  Glad you did well !!

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 08:10:15 pm »
Yeah, my brother and I have done well both times we went there. It is a later auction so around 10:00 pm people leave and the just do table lots for super cheap

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 08:20:37 pm »
A box of Mango,s would go a long way....I just luv em.... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 08:29:07 pm »
Just wait till my apples get started Wullie !! I will send you a box of Texas Reds !!  You gave good advice,, and it did well !!  Now if everyone would listen to us,, well not everyone maybe,,, just most of them !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 08:39:12 pm »
But we do Dear Mart...I listen to every word you say....but ...like most men...it goes in one ear..then straight out the other... ;D ;D

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 09:15:57 pm »
HAHA I'd say you tossed me a small mango... (whats the deal with mangos?)