Author Topic: Painting....  (Read 5165 times)

cmlindb

• View Profile
Painting....
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:52:46 pm »
Okay guys this is probably going to be the only painting I ever post but I am just curious about it. I cant read the sig on it though. Can anyone tell me who painted it?

Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Painting....
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »
It looks like a watercolor of a city in Europe. It may be a litho or a souvenir print. Have you looked at it with a loop or glass? It is impossible for me to tell in the picture. The horse and buggy and electric light bulb would date it in the early 20th century I would think.

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:55:34 pm »
Is that the Quebec Post Office in the background?

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 04:04:55 pm »
Haha well once you said that I googled it.... does this pic look familiar?

Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 04:10:27 pm »
Your painting looks more like it's from the 1960s.

Sorry to say that it doesn't seem too well executed to me. :(
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 04:24:08 pm »
Yeah I have no idea about paintings. I try to stay away from them actually but It in an old storage locker

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:21:04 pm »
cmlindb really nailed this one with after Rauville recognized it. I think it is a print after a painting. Probably sold to tourists. Look for the telltale little dots in the color.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 07:29:30 pm »
The original looks like a combination of pen and ink, watercolor and gesso ( white parts) !!  I have seen similar but can`t remember who it was !!

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 07:40:08 pm »
Hmmm I am very inexperienced with art but it looks like someone painted this. At least the white does.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 02:47:34 am »
You,re probably correct,when you say someone painted this.....it was when they pushed the button of the printing machine...then afterwards, a few brush strokes are added...for realism... ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 06:07:58 am »
That's my kind of artist..... lazy. haha I think its cool that I found exactly where it was painted from though.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 06:24:26 am »
That's my kind of artist..... lazy. haha I think its cool that I found exactly where it was painted from though.
Pardon!!...stealing someone else,s thunder is punishable.by being forced to eat Potted Tripe...which for me would be a fate worse than death...I thought it was the man with the book stuck up his arse that found it... ;D ;D...No Mango,s for you this time...just this....enjoy.... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Ipcress

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 06:29:25 am »
God, that's really bad. A print with heightened white / body colour and it looks like they've been in an earthquake looking at the brush strokes !  ;D

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 11:55:34 am »
Haha You guys are rude, it probably took some person a whole 4 minutes to paint that white part and try to sell it to some sucker thinking it was something special. I am going to make sure I take extra special care when I put this special piece in the bag of crap I'm donating.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 04:05:05 pm »
Take a close up of the paper !!  Using gesso like that is pretty common for some water colorists to add texture to a flat painting !!  I agree it looks 60ish !!