Author Topic: Florence Gas Range KL6000  (Read 7542 times)

sswt4

• View Profile
Florence Gas Range KL6000
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:10:17 am »
Hello! First timer here.

We just purchased a home and this stove was in the basement complete with the manual from Florence Stove Company, Gardner, Mass.

The owner of the stove lived in the house since 1946 and the executors of the estate sale left it here. They told me that she used it every summer to do her canning and baking. It need a good interior cleaning and the hinges to the doors look a little rusty and need a good clean and greasing.

I have been looking all over the internet for 2 days to find more pictures of Florence Stoves, the history, and value and I can't find anything. Hoping that someone here would be able to provide me with some information about it.ftp://

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Gas Range KL6000
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 07:33:11 am »
Where were you looking?..............take your pick....just click on any pic to open a link then you can find all you need

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=florence+gas+stove&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=CbtmUfP7HYi80QW5z4CQCw&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=624
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile

sswt4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:41:39 pm »
I looked on Google but most images that came up were of booklets and stoves that were not Florence. Really there is not much. I have clicked link after link already.I also saw that listing on eBay but it really offers no valuable information on anything. Thanks for the help though.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:45:48 pm »
I would say 1946 is about right. Those stoves really worked well. I had an old Hardwick in an apartment years ago and it was a great cooker. White country kitchens are in right now for cottages, at least in the Northeast.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 02:22:55 pm »
What are you looking to find on it ??

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 02:33:42 pm »
They,ve got the manual, they,ve got the stove....what they really want to know is how much is it worth and how much can they get for it....

sswt4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »
Hi,

I would like to know several things:
Value (is it worth restoring)
The date of manufacture.
Why the company is no longer in business (were these dangerous and taken off the market?).
Where can I purchase replacement parts if needed.

Thanks,

Heather

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 03:19:53 pm »
see link...then scroll down to Larry Beers...perhaps you could email him...

http://www.fineartistmade.com/blog/blog-detail.php?Florence-30

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 04:15:21 pm »
Hi,

I would like to know several things:
Value (is it worth restoring)
The date of manufacture.
Why the company is no longer in business (were these dangerous and taken off the market?).
Where can I purchase replacement parts if needed.

Thanks,

Heather

It is only worth restoring if you plan on using it,, for resale no,, it would cost more to restore that you would likely make !!
If it has the serial/model number you can probably find a date within 5 years or so !! Companies usually were bought out by larger mfrs and or merged !! I would not be too worried about safety if it was used all these years !! For a gas stove just check for leaks and make sure burners aren't clogged.  They are really pretty simple !!
Let me see what I can find !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »
Companies can cease to trade for any number of reason..just because you can,t find this company does,nt mean its dangerous,..I bought a S/H gas stove...got it checked by a gas engineer...Now i,m cooking by gas...

sswt4

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 05:08:57 am »
Thank you all. The link was helpful, and I am reaching out to the writer of the article. He mentioned a few websites for parts, so hopefully they can guide me. I will have to find someone to check the stove for safety. I have never used gas before so it worries me.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:50 am »
Its only a worry when it goes Bang!!.....but i know where you,re coming from...my late mother was the same,..the silent killer she called it...From experience..Gas is safe...it becomes the other when people become careless,....

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 06:19:20 am »
I will have to find someone to check the stove for safety.

Just call your local appliance dealer and tell them you need it cleaned and checked out. A good vaccuum cleaner "cleaning" is usually all that is needed.

If the oven thermostat is bad, don't replace it, unless you plan to bake your Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas cookies in it.

A new thermostat, installed, .... will cost you $75 to $100+

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:16 am »
Thank you all. The link was helpful, and I am reaching out to the writer of the article. He mentioned a few websites for parts, so hopefully they can guide me. I will have to find someone to check the stove for safety. I have never used gas before so it worries me.

Once you get used to having perfect control of the burners,, you will love it !!  I would love to have gas again !! Detest this thing with the glass top and stainless steel !!