Author Topic: Florence Gas Range KL6000  (Read 7538 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Gas Range KL6000
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 10:48:49 am »
What,s stopping you having gas?....why can,t you have a gas tank installed,...thats what they do here,if there is no town gas,i.e. mains,..at our last house we used a small 13kg propane gas tank,or we could buy a bigger one..the 13kg lasted approx 3/4months...at a cost of $45
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 12:10:36 pm »
Because propane is outrageously priced here !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 12:38:40 pm »
I,m really surprised...you pay more than half what we pay for gasoline..yet liquid gas is expensive...if we were to buy propane in bulk..i.e.1000lt tank..it would cost us..around £600..or $900...which works out at 60p per lt,but as we were buying it in small bottles we were paying..around 95p...per lt,... i,ve just had a look at liquid gas prices for the US ,..and you are cheaper than what pay...according to the figure i saw...a gal, of gas can be as low as $2.49......you,ve got it made over there....

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 01:39:49 pm »
Bigwull is right, if you like gas and don't have NG, then a propane "stovetop" is the way to go. When I lived in NY I had the electric double-oven wall unit and a propane cooktop. They would deliver me propane bout every 6 months or so and "fill-up" my cylinder. Just like fuel oil, they keep track of your "average" usage and deliver you more for ya run out.
I just checked

March 2013 - NY Residential propane cost - $2.935/gal

Course that is about triple what it was when I lived there.

sswt4

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 03:11:37 pm »
I have never used a gas stove before, only electric. I used grills, but they are outdoors. I’m just nervous about safety since I have never used one before. I guess it’s time to learn  :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 03:17:44 pm »
Currently its over $3. a gallon here !! Everyone here uses a 250 gal. tank or larger !! We have a bunch of those small tanks we use with the grill and the motor homes !!  I cook a lot and many things have long cook times so the little ones wouldn't last me long !!

Have it checked like any other appliance and as long as you realize that its fire,, you are safe !!  Most all commercial kitchens and restaurants use gas because its easy to control !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 03:28:19 pm »
Just had our 1000 gal. tank filled this week for $1.59 / gal.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 03:43:41 pm »
If thats the case..i can,t understand why Mart says that propane is too expensive...over here we,re 60p a lt..which works out at almost $4.50 per gal,...now that is expensive....

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 03:05:25 am »
I have never used a gas stove before, only electric. I used grills, but they are outdoors. I’m just nervous about safety since I have never used one before. I guess it’s time to learn  :)

If you have kids in the house that you can't control then you probably should be worried about safety, even with your electric stove.  ;D

Gas stoves are perfectly safe ..... as long as you don't turn "on" a burner and immediately rush off somewhere without making sure the gas ignited.

I love a gas stovetop because when I put something on the burner I want it to start "cooking".  I don't want to wait 5 minutes while the element is heating up.

And when I turn it off I want it to stop cooking.

With electric, you have to turn it off AND move your pot or skillet off that burner if you want it to stop cooking.

And with gas, when you turn the heat down, ...... it goes down, it doesn't take 5 minutes to go down. Thus, you have far less "boil-overs" with gas.

Cheers ;D ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 03:17:55 am »
That,s why cooking by gas is the best...+ your electricity bills will be lower....