Author Topic: Mantle Clock  (Read 4578 times)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: Mantle Clock
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 05:56:51 am »
Nice. Personally, I'm a fan of Ducati Monsters.....or maybe a Vincent.....
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 06:29:00 am »
Vincent,s now you,re talking..I bought a Black Prince in 1969..for £200  it was hitched to a Watsonian sidecar...and i nearly killed myself...trying to ride it home....riding with a sidecar...is like learning to walk...and going round left handed corners was scary...up came the sidecar wheel...but once i got the hang of it....it was great fun...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 06:03:49 pm »
Its a small world...whilst visiting a friend today..I happened to mention that I,d got that Mantle clock..in the charity shop,.and how pleased i am with it...turns out..it belonged to his,neighbours  late great Aunt..she had been married to an American,whom she had me whilst on holiday in the 20,s...and she had bought it in America..and brought it back here...after she had died her house remained in the family...but the clock was not found...until very recently.it was packed away in the loft and had been there for more than 15 years that i was told....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Barry Ward

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »
I like it !! Now take a pic with it sitting on the mantle !! That's the same way our wall clock winds !! One right and one left !! Or clockwise and counter clockwise !!
here you are Mart...apparently it was found in a loft, and had been there for 15years+...i wound it yesterday...and its still ticking,& donging....

That looks good :-) Never see anything in the charity shops here. Was in Arbroath a while back and it seems they have dealers come in and vale everything and only put out what they don't want on the shop floor. Hard to find a bargain, baby does well for toys though!!