Author Topic: Greyhound Sculpture  (Read 7126 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Greyhound Sculpture
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 06:37:45 am »
Guess I'll have to back peddle.  ;) To me the nose looked to 'squared' for a grey, more inline with a dobe. But you guys are right about the ears. Be nice to see a full on side shot of it's face.

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 06:46:29 am »
As long as we are speculating...how about a Hortaya Borzada? (I'm glad that I'm blessed with Chihuahuas. 8))

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 09:34:34 am »
Love the pics of the Hortaya Borzada....FYI....i t was bred in Russia with the same lines from the Borzoi or Russian Wolfhound!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

greyhoundbuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 06:37:16 am »
Thanks for all the responses guys (and Ladies), I will try to get a good picture of the side and especially the back of the head. It could be a Whippet, I had a Whippet for over 7 years until he passed about 1 1/2 months ago. I still have one Greyhound and will be getting another Greyhound in about a month. Hope to get more pictures by tomorrow. Thanks again for all the responses!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:48 am »
Are you getting the greyhound from rescue?

I have had friends get them over the years from there.  They are the sweetest dogs, great personalities but so doggone fast if they see something they want to go after (like a cute little bunny in the field). 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 08:52:11 am »
Thankfully thats banned over here...No Hare Coursing...that and Badger baiting,
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:38 am »
Are you getting the greyhound from rescue?

I have had friends get them over the years from there.  They are the sweetest dogs, great personalities but so doggone fast if they see something they want to go after (like a cute little bunny in the field). 

We have Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada (GPAC) here. They bring trailer loads up about 4-5 times a year from a couple of tracks in Florida that they have combined efforts with. Not unusual for initial adopters to become multiple adopters.......upwa rds of 3,4,5 and more.  Apparently, like chips, once you have one you can stop  ;) The last load was accompanied and driven by a couple who are breeders/trainers and they finally got to see the facilities and meet many of the people who are or will be the dogs' retirement families. A wonderful community and extraordinary, loving dogs.

greyhoundbuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 11:48:50 am »
This shot here is what makes me think it is a Greyhound because the ribs show so much, that is more of a Greyhound feature then most other dogs.

I have received all my Greyhounds from a local adoption organization, unfortunately the one I hope to get soon (a black brindle girl) is locked up in the pokey. She has about another 30 days in the hole until she is sprung  http://www.tgie-greyhounds.org/. She will be coming from the same group I received my first ones from in 2001 http://www.greyhoundbuddy.com/ although the first two were not prison dogs. As long as she gets along with our current greyhound (below) everything should be good.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 12:31:54 pm »
This shot here is what makes me think it is a Greyhound because the ribs show so much, that is more of a Greyhound feature then most other dogs.

Maybe if you had shown that pic at the begining...it could have saved a lot of searching, and conjecture....

I have received all my Greyhounds from a local adoption organization, unfortunately the one I hope to get soon (a black brindle girl) is locked up in the pokey. She has about another 30 days in the hole until she is sprung  http://www.tgie-greyhounds.org/. She will be coming from the same group I received my first ones from in 2001 http://www.greyhoundbuddy.com/ although the first two were not prison dogs. As long as she gets along with our current greyhound (below) everything should be good.

Maybe if you had shown that pic at the begining...it could have saved a lot of searching, and conjecture

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 09:28:51 am »

I have received all my Greyhounds from a local adoption organization, unfortunately the one I hope to get soon (a black brindle girl) is locked up in the pokey. She has about another 30 days in the hole until she is sprung  http://www.tgie-greyhounds.org/. She will be coming from the same group I received my first ones from in 2001 http://www.greyhoundbuddy.com/ although the first two were not prison dogs.

Greyhoundbuddy....y ou may find this article interesting.  Our GPAC is now committed to bringing in and rehoming galgos, all the way from Spain. These dogs are generally abandoned, hung or worse when they are found no longer useful for racing. Three will be arriving soon! :)

http://thechronicleherald.ca/blogs/pet-connection-by-pat-lee/1124534-disposable-spanish-greyhounds-to-get-second-chance-in-the-ma#.UXPGc2-jnzU.facebook

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »
Interestingly enough, alot of greyhound paraphernalia depicts them with upright ears!

http://castofcharacters.com/greywhip.htm

Sapphire that sorta reminds me of a sloughi from Africa which is known as the African GreyHound!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:42:55 pm by KC »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 02:44:18 pm »
I tend to think Whippet !!  Shorter muzzle than Greyhound,, slight difference in profile !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 07:02:13 pm »
Whippet has a much shorter neck as well.  Thinking that way as well Mart!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:08 pm »
Nice!  Does look alot like the Lurcher!!!