Author Topic: What value...This?  (Read 1583 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
What value...This?
« on: April 16, 2013, 03:03:37 am »
Hi, all, what value, for this, its a walnut veneered Ladies Wardrobe,circa 1940/50,s..it measures.6.6ft high x 3ft wide x 1.6ft deep,...in very good condition...Oops... minature pics...damn..comput ers...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:07:24 am by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: What value...This?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:28:40 am »

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:10:19 am »
Beautifil matchwork. If I need an armoire in the near future I should probably just get on a plane for a buying trip.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:42 am »
I did,nt think it was going to make that much...they also had a sideboard...similar condition,and same era...it went for £5.60..or $8.10..its nuts over here....now you,ll maybe begin to understand why I,m burning so much...its cheaper than buying firewood...for kindling..a 10kg of kindling,can cost $7.50..and it,ll only last me for a week,..whereas, buying a dining table and 4/6 chairs, for $15/20...i can get a month or more, if i use it for kindling...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:07:26 pm »
It is was worthwhile ($ shipping/handling) I would so go over to Wullie's Neck-of-the-woods and ship back a boat load of furniture!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »
It used to be very profitable..especia lly during the boom time in the oil Industry in Aberdeen,..a guy I worked with came from Wyoming.he was a driller,..the company we worked for..Sedco,..allowed its American employees, 1 x 40cubic metre container,per 6 months.....this guy used to fill them with old British motorcycles...and ship them back to Wyoming..but other guys used to fill them with antiques...but now the cost of a container is horrendous...

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 07:05:09 am »
I remember back in the early 70's I looked into buying a container from the UK. At that time they came in different grades of quality, from grade 5 (lowest) to grade 1 (highest). Prices for a good sized container started at about $3000 up to $20K for the high end model, delivered to a port of entry.
A number of dealers ended up with those lower end container loads filling up their shops. I instead, spent my time buying inventory at farm auctions...one piece at a time. :P

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 07:31:40 pm »
I bought a bunch of those antiques Rauville !!  Not by container but by the piece !!  Used to be a dip stripping shop in a nearby town !!  I made sure I got there soon after the containers arrived and before the good stuff got vatted  !!