Author Topic: Antique of ceramic man and woman 1600's gold accents??  (Read 3973 times)

axc18

• View Profile
Antique of ceramic man and woman 1600's gold accents??
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »
I have what I believe to be is an antique.  I have no idea what it is.  I think it is made of ceramic. It is of a man and a lady sitting.  The man is helping the lady up from sitting.  They are dress in what it looks to be 1600's clothing.  They look french.  It looks to be hand painted and hand painted with gold accents on it.  On the bottom it is marked with a golden C with leaves before and after it and under that has the word L'AMOUR, also in gold 5017B and COVENTRY Made in U.S.A. with a circle around it.  I have uploaded pictures as well.  Can someone please help me identify what this might be and what year maybe its from, any other information, etc. ?  Sorry if this is in the wrong post area, I am new to this. Thank you for your time.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Antique of ceramic man and woman 1600's gold accents??
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:49:22 pm »
Your figurine is from the 1950's. It is worth around 50.00 on the high end.  What confuses me is that L'Amour is Japanese and Coventry is American. It looks like a post war corroboration.   

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »
Oh no! Another duplicate post! I am so tired of wasting my answers on the wrong thread, I see zero replies and I answer only to find out it was already posted. I just can't anymore.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:42:59 pm »
I know what you mean !! Can`t figure if its a site problem or posting problem !! Usually it won`t let you duplicate unless you do the entire thing over !!  We have sure been having a bunch of dupes lately !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 12:52:34 am »
Yeah, and dupes make us feel like dupes! Tired of it!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 01:37:08 am »
Your figurine is from the 1950's. It is worth around 50.00 on the high end.  What confuses me is that L'Amour is Japanese and Coventry is American. It looks like a post war corroboration.  
L,Amour...is Japanese?????.and Coventry is American???....and here was me thinking all these years that it was French...and English......well, I live ...but do not learn.. ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:14:04 am by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 01:53:23 am »
The confusion has come about because, this topic has different headings, how this happened is beyond me,.as the other "duplicate"..was posted at 6.43....and this one at 6.44...therefore in real time its not a duplicate as such as it has two different headings....and it is not as the topic provider has said in the "duplicate"post.....they were having computer problems...because two different times, and two different headings....which to me means, the PC on their shoulders was,nt working correctly.... ;D

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 04:31:48 am »
I know what you mean !! Can`t figure if its a site problem or posting problem !! Usually it won`t let you duplicate unless you do the entire thing over !!  We have sure been having a bunch of dupes lately !!

If it is not an AS.C site problem ........ then it is a Microsoft "auto" update bug

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 04:37:45 am »
I,d say its the users mistake, as this topic has two different headings and two different posting times...see Antique topic..

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 05:33:17 am »
I,d say its the users mistake, as this topic has two different headings and two different posting times...see Antique topic..

Yup, 2 different times, ....... like 50 seconds apart.  To wit:

on: April 21, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
on: April 21, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »

I'm telling you now, it is either a "bug" in this site's picture upload program ...... or a "bug" in Microsoft's browser program on one's PC.

The A-S.com software on one's PC ..... either doesn't receive ...... or doesn't reognize .... the "upload complete" message and thus "hangs" there waiting for it.

So, its 1 of 3 faults, ...... either A-S.com is not responding with a "termination" message, ...... the MS-browser is not reacting to it ....... or one's ISP (internet service provider) is, per say, trashing it ..... and one's PC never gets it.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 05:39:48 am »

Yup, 2 different times, ....... like 50 seconds apart.  To wit:

on: April 21, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
on: April 21, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »

I'm telling you now, it is either a "bug" in this site's picture upload program ...... or a "bug" in Microsoft's browser program on one's PC.

The A-S.com software on one's PC ..... either doesn't receive ...... or doesn't reognize .... the "upload complete" message and thus "hangs" there waiting for it.

So, its 1 of 3 faults, ...... either A-S.com is not responding with a "termination" message, ...... the MS-browser is not reacting to it ....... or one's ISP (internet service provider) is, per say, trashing it ..... and one's PC never gets it.
Well, how do you explain the two different.topic headings,if it was,nt the topic providers fault... ;D..

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 05:55:35 am »
Well, how do you explain the two different.topic headings,if it was,nt the topic providers fault... ;D..

The topic provider only exacerbated the "problem" because he/she is a "newbie" and didn't see and/or didn't react to that "warning message" of a just enter post, .... which was in fact, his/her own post. 

Anyway, one can key enter a lot of words in 50 seconds. Except me, that is.  ;D ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 06:05:42 am »

The topic provider only exacerbated the "problem" because he/she is a "newbie" and didn't see and/or didn't react to that "warning message" of a just enter post, .... which was in fact, his/her own post. 

Anyway, one can key enter a lot of words in 50 seconds. Except me, that is.  ;D ;D
Yeah well!!....or as they would have said in Merry Old England.....Ba Humbug!! ;D

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 06:32:53 am »
I ran into the same problem yesterday in the Antiques Talk section. Did up my post, waited and waited.......and waited......and all the thing did was show it was loading, verrrrrryyyyyyyy slowly. That is usually the case when the pic is in the wrong format and then a new window will pop up telling me it couldn't accept it. Not the case yesterday. Waited a good 3-4 min and still no movement or warning. So I exited and went back in, redoing my post (I always 'copy' what I've written just in case). It took a bit of time for it to finally show up in the Forum section, but when it did........there were two of them.  ::)

BTW, I'm running a Mac.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 07:40:51 am »
I ran into the same problem yesterday in the Antiques Talk section. Did up my post, waited and waited.......and waited......and all the thing did was show it was loading, verrrrrryyyyyyyy slowly. That is usually the case when the pic is in the wrong format and then a new window will pop up telling me it couldn't accept it. Not the case yesterday. Waited a good 3-4 min and still no movement or warning. So I exited and went back in, redoing my post (I always 'copy' what I've written just in case). It took a bit of time for it to finally show up in the Forum section, but when it did........there were two of them.  ::)

BTW, I'm running a Mac.
MMm!!....is it one of these... ;D ;D

http://www.macinasac.com/products/girls-mac-in-a-sac-continental-raincoat?utm_source=google-product-search&gclid=CMHmhYiz3rYCFS7KtAodwkgAiA