Author Topic: "Asian" Brass Gong Made in England  (Read 8562 times)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: "Asian" Brass Gong Made in England
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 06:23:23 pm »
Judas Priest!  What's all this 'ere then?

Here I was ready for mandelbrot sets and liquid lights, and there's some guy in a chrome suit with a funny looking sword. In a lake yet!

I think that sewer pipe episode made you daft! ;)
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »
...I think that sewer pipe episode made you daft! ;)

Even I'm beginning to think the only help for this guy would maybe be a batch of gris gris gumbo. 8)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 11:31:00 pm »
...I think that sewer pipe episode made you daft! ;)

Even I'm beginning to think the only help for this guy would maybe be a batch of gris gris gumbo. 8)
Who rattled your cage!!......and I know where i,d be telling you to shove yer gris gris gumbo...but as there,s already that big book stuck up there...it,d have to be down the other end..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 11:39:20 pm »
Judas Priest!  What's all this 'ere then?

Here I was ready for mandelbrot sets and liquid lights, and there's some guy in a chrome suit with a funny looking sword. In a lake yet!

I think that sewer pipe episode made you daft! ;)
If there was ever a ..symptom for being daft....answering your own question....has to be right up there.........espec ially when you jump topics to do it.... ;D

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 06:42:23 am »
Who rattled your cage!!......and I know where i,d be telling you to shove yer gris gris gumbo...but as there,s already that big book stuck up there...it,d have to be down the other end..... ;D

Hey...respect your elders. ::)
I thought everyone from the 60's still had a Gris Gris album tucked away.  :D
(I had to look the lyrics up to get the words right.)

…If you work too hard and you need a little rest
Try my utilize rub put some on my drop fix and jam,
Put some in your breakfast.

Try a little bit ah
Gris Gris Gumbo Ya Ya...

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 06:59:17 am »
I never really got into Dr John...and after having to eat the other gumbo...almost every day for a month..well, suffice to say....you can stick both of  them....and another thing....how am i to know you are my elder,Christ..I don,t even know  your gender..let alone your age.....all i know is you are shit hot, when it comes to finding things.... ;D

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 11:31:32 am »
I never really got into Dr John...and after having to eat the other gumbo...almost every day for a month..well, suffice to say....you can stick both of  them....and another thing....how am i to know you are my elder,Christ..I don,t even know  your gender..let alone your age.....all i know is you are shit hot, when it comes to finding things.... ;D

Not my cup of tea..meh..don't like the food, don't like the place (Louisiana)..full of dumbfuck Southerners
I think my all time favorites beside the usual Beatles Stones what have you was Steely Dan..good jazzy fusion

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 01:37:02 pm »
I might suggest you watch the language and those comments about southerners !!  You are insulting a lot the people you are asking for help !!  Not smart !!!  Kind of shows where the "dumb " is !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 02:10:25 pm »

Not my cup of tea..meh..don't like the food, don't like the place (Louisiana)..full of dumbfuck Southerners
I think my all time favorites beside the usual Beatles Stones what have you was Steely Dan..good jazzy fusion

Mart,...got there ahead of me....and, Mart being Mart....is always ever so polite....Me...i just say it as i see it....and from where i,m sitting ..Geno....there is only one dumbfuck on this forum.......now go and take a long hard look in the mirror...just so that you know what one looks like...and then if its in you, you can post an unreserved apology...to all Southerners....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 02:21:24 pm »
Thanks Wullie !!

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 02:35:34 pm »
lol, geez, whats goin on over here! Saw the subject/title and moved on, as usual, then i saw thread was 2 pages long so thought i'd stop by and see what was so interesting about a gong,lol.
 BIG MISTAKE! lol

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 02:59:38 pm »
Good opportunity though to talk a bit about old american furniture.

"A HALF CENTURY AGO (1949), Joseph Downs, the legendary curator of the American Wing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, told scholars and collectors attending the first Williamsburg Antiques Forum in Virginia that as far as American furniture was concerned, little of artistic merit was made south of Baltimore."

BAM!!! It was on like a neck bone as they say in the american south land. That was a very odd
thing to say ( considering the forum he was speaking at was in Williamsburg Virginia). Frank Horton, a legendary collector, decided to open a museum with a focus on southern material culture. Frank had  friends, very wealthy friends like the RJ Reynolds tobacco family type friends. In 1965, Frank opened MESDA  and the rest as they say, is history.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:04:30 pm by jacon4 »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 03:07:06 pm »
My Woodburner...can,t tell the difference.....N.S. E.W...its all the same....if i get it cheap enough...its, like the Cheech & Chong ..movie....up in smoke.....and the latest piece..although not American...was an 8ft Ercol dining table... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 07:29:33 pm »
The South does have some merit !!  Thanks Jacon4 !! 

Well Wullie,, at least you are not burning our furniture !!  We southerners might take offense if you did !!  Although I hate to see yours go up in smoke too !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 07:47:42 pm »
I,d rather be warm, than sit freezing my b****..off,....do you remember the story i told about Avril,s Auntie...burning the Ben Hogan gifted set of Hickory shafted golf clubs,...had they not been burned they,d be worth $$$$+ today....but in the winter of 47...they served a purpose,...they along with other pieces of furniture..helped keep a family warm....Now where,s my axe.....