Author Topic: EBELING & REUSS LIMOGES  (Read 2792 times)

momoffive

• View Profile
EBELING & REUSS LIMOGES
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:21:55 am »
I have an Ebeling & Reuss Limoges trinket box. It is signed, but I am unable to read the signature.   It is just under 2 3/4" tall.  It is 3" long and 2" wide.  It is white with gold design and a pink flower on the top. It is a three (3) legged box. Does anyone know anything about these? I cannot find any information. Thank you

kerrybee

• View Profile
EBELING & REUSS LIMOGES
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 01:50:41 am »
Thi is a company that is both old and new.  Older items (very early 20th cent. late 19th cent) are marked Erphila and they were an import company of fine porcelain the E for Ebeling R for Reuss and Phila for Philadelpehia PA.  Searches indicate that the company continued 'til the 1990's with the bulk of imports in 1940' 1950'    That's when they started using the Ebeling & Reuss not the Erphila.  Prices I saw range a bit.  Mid prices could be $35 - $50 for your box maybe more.  Limoges trinket boxes are collected.  My advice would to run googles or other search engine for ---trinket box Ebeling & Reuss--- or maybe go ---limoges trinket box Ebeling & Reuss --- or use this site:   www.kaleden.com and go to porcelain/pottery category and then run the trinket box to further define.  Sorry to leave the bulk of research to you but you have the box in hand and it will be an enjoyable seach.  And you can compare backstamps.  KB    :unsure: