Author Topic: appraisers please  (Read 1533 times)

igottheshaft

• View Profile
appraisers please
« on: January 26, 2005, 08:52:53 pm »
just divorced, hubby hasnt returned all of my items. Namely one of 3 set of 30 yr old spanish wine decanters called porrons. Courts say if he cant come up with 3rd one i can have him pay me for its cost. Hence problem, how do i get 3 pieces appraised when i only have two? As well, how do i find the person to help me accomplish this?

Tim

• View Profile
appraisers please
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 11:49:30 am »
Hi...........30 years old in the collectible field isn't very old yet. Of course that depends on what the item, so no offense to your porrons. New porrons can be purchased for $30-$40 each. Without seeing yours, I would put it in that same category.......

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."
- Robert Orben

igottheshaft

• View Profile
appraisers please
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 03:23:25 pm »
i had 3, all are covered in leather. still have original plastic caps, original ties. No liquid ever put into them.  One about quart size with markings on the bottom, IPESA marca regestrada. Two about pint size, one of these are missing. Had gotten them in Barcelona while watching the glass makers do their thing. I consider them to be in good condition, no chips, no tears in the leather. a little dust.