Author Topic: more junk  (Read 1207 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
more junk
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:50:30 am »
Avril brought this in last night, she bought it at a fund raising sale in the nursing home where she works..whilst it is,nt particularly old or remotely antique, she liked it, It has a modern interior, and works well,..she paid £5..or $7.50 ..and unlike our present phones this one does,nt need electricity..to make it work...It has a wooden case, and she is going to distress it a little,to take away the new look..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: more junk
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:10:29 am »
It doesn't need electricity?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

Nooooooooooooooo... ..not as we know it...our existing phones of which there are 3, they need to be plugged into the electricity socket, and the master phone into the  phone socket,then the other 2 are plugged into the electric socket,..in other rooms,.this one only gets plugged into the telephone socket,...does this make it any clearer...or have i just muddied the water...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:08:03 pm »
Same as old rotary dial phones,, KC !!!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »
If they are "digital" then they have a transformer that has to be plugged into the AC.

That's why ya need to keep an old "analog" phone around in case the ac power ever goes off for an extended period of time.

The telephone line itself provides the low voltage power to them.

And yes, the telephone company has an UPS or backup power supply.

And cell-phones won't work (except satellite ones) if local cell towers don't have power.