Author Topic: Wooden Table with railroad wheels. Old or just Rustic?  (Read 1724 times)

Mr_Dunev

• View Profile
Wooden Table with railroad wheels. Old or just Rustic?
« on: May 03, 2013, 09:14:09 pm »
I caught someone trying to throw this table out, and I immediately offered to take it.

I was planning on turning it into a restoration project before selling it, but after asking advice, from a friend who makes a living turning reclaimed wood into rustic furniture, he insisted that I leave it as is, and I should make a good amount.

I'm not sure if this table is an antique or not, I am looking for more info so when I try to sell it, I can give as much info about it as possible. When it was made, what it's called, etc.

Thanks for the help, everyone is always so knowledgeable!

After wiping some of the dust off
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:16:56 pm by Mr_Dunev »

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Wooden Table with railroad wheels. Old or just Rustic?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 07:37:26 am »
If it was mine...I'd take the big table top off and sell the cart for the proverbial coffee table. Just search eBay for "Factory Cart", and a good selection will come up. Agewise, probably 1920's to the 50's will cover most of them. They were and are still used to move materials and goods in factory and industrial settings.

Here's an example of one at the upper pricing end:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Original-Oak-WOOD-INDUSTRIAL-FACTORY-CART-Primitive-1920s-Coffee-Table-/251168606053?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item3a7ad0c765#ht_1432wt_802

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 07:50:16 am »
It never ceases.to amaze me at the prices some people ask...for what is effectively...indus trial junk....and more fool anyone...who buys it....for a piece of furniture...its a bogie,and it,ll always be a bogie,...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:53:20 am by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:04:44 pm »
Leave it alone !!  Industrial furniture, lighting, ect  is the hottest thing going right now !! Only problem is if you are near a major city or not !!    Decorators in metro areas are looking for items like this table !!  Just clean it up,,and sell it !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 02:56:00 am »
yeah...just find some rich American ....who,s got more money than sense...... ;D....or maybe an ultra rich Russian...some things never change.....

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 03:44:26 am »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 06:38:03 am »

You not feeling weel, today.Cogar!!...maybe it wis something you ate,...might jist be an upset tummy.....but on the other hand if ye,ve ate a they soor grapes...then ye might hae a dose o, the skitters...so, ye,d better sty close to a lavvie fur the day......and mak sure you,ve got plent o, toilet paper,...or seeing as how you,re awa up there,...maybe some dokken leaves....... ;D ;D ;D.