Author Topic: purse  (Read 4214 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
purse
« on: May 04, 2013, 04:45:22 pm »
Could some one tell me if this is old or not? I bought it at the auction last night, i say it is,   my bf says no.  It has no tags anywhere on it. The bottom is just a tad tattered on  one spot, but not on the inside.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: purse
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:19:36 pm »
Never mind what BF says..if you like it...let him lump it...it does look old, probably early 20th century...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 05:33:05 pm »
Never mind what BF says..if you like it...let him lump it...it does look old, probably early 20th century...
:) Thank you.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 06:11:58 pm »
Agree with Wullie on what little I can see.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:05:37 pm »
Agree with Wullie on what little I can see.
Heres some more pics of it. Not to much of it tho, its only 6 and a half inchs by 7. The inside is in perfect shape. Has one small pocket in it.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:19:33 pm »
what is the material that the painting is on

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 07:28:08 pm »
Feels like velvet.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 04:44:47 am »
Feels like velvet.
I believe i can sell this purse but she wont look at a pic of it untill i give a price i want for it. Any suggestions? Not looking to get rich. But i did buy it to make money. She just wont make an offer. You have too with the pic.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 04:55:01 am »
It all boils down to, how much of a profit you are looking for,..of course we,d all like to buy at a pittance, and sell for oodles of $...but that,s not going to happen here,is it,...it is after all, only a purse,only you know how much you paid, and only you can say how much you want for it,....then its up to the buyer,...its their money,....the only advice i can give, is ask,..over what you,d accept, then if the buyer goes for it, you,ve scored, but if the buyer offers less, but its still within your profit margin, then sell, ..the buyer,s happy as they,ve knocked you down, and you,re happy cos you,ve made a profit....its not Rocket Science...

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06:43 am »
It all boils down to, how much of a profit you are looking for,..of course we,d all like to buy at a pittance, and sell for oodles of $...but that,s not going to happen here,is it,...it is after all, only a purse,only you know how much you paid, and only you can say how much you want for it,....then its up to the buyer,...its their money,....the only advice i can give, is ask,..over what you,d accept, then if the buyer goes for it, you,ve scored, but if the buyer offers less, but its still within your profit margin, then sell, ..the buyer,s happy as they,ve knocked you down, and you,re happy cos you,ve made a profit....its not Rocket Science...
Well im kind of ignorant when it comes  to this stuff. I paid 12  think i'll ask 50. Too much?  See i dont know. I cant find not even 1 on ebay to help me. 50 it is i guess. Thank you for your help.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 05:20:17 am »
Personally...I,think you,ll frighten the life out of the prospective buyer,asking $50....i know i said ask a little more than your acceptable price, but at 50 i think you,re pushing the boat out too far,..you paid 12,therefore if you doubled your money,..you should be happy,..me i.d ask around 40...but...its up to you,....just be sure to have smelling salts handy, when you pick the buyer up off the floor.... ;D

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:24 am »
Personally...I,think you,ll frighten the life out of the prospective buyer,asking $50....i know i said ask a little more than your acceptable price, but at 50 i think you,re pushing the boat out too far,..you paid 12,therefore if you doubled your money,..you should be happy,..me i.d ask around 40...but...its up to you,....just be sure to have smelling salts handy, when you pick the buyer up off the floor....

LOL  40 it is then. I was just thinking of the cost i will have to pay to mail it. If she takes it  it will be going to the bag lady emporioum. But 40 should be fine. Thank you again :)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11:21 am »
Why would you pay the postage?..that should be the responsability of the buyer,..or is things done differently in the US...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 02:29:41 pm »
SHE should pay shipping/handling!!!  Not you!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 08:16:11 pm »
Stick with the $50. !!  Chances are she will offer less anyway !!  If you stay with the $40. that would be plus postage and a small handling fee,, say $2.50 unless you have free stuff for packing !!  I save my plastic sacks from store purchases !!  Best packing I ever found and they weigh almost nothing !! I use them for everything !!  Never had anything damaged or broken !!