Author Topic: Roseville Rosecraft  (Read 7970 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Roseville Rosecraft
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:19 am »
http://www.justartpottery.com/Detail.asp?pottery_detail=19864
Looks like a fake to me !! Link is a real one !! 
You said a ridiculously low price,,, How much ??   
Compare the two !!

The piece is definitely real.  Anyone telling you it is a reproduction has no idea what they are talking about or looking at.  It's too bad about the crack because it would be $300 to $400 vase in mint condition.

Thanks,

Greg and Lana Myroth
309-690-7966
www.justartpottery. com
www.artpotteryblog. com

Join our mail list for exclusive art pottery updates and specials!

We are always buying art pottery. If you have pottery to sell please ]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:48 PM
To: gregmy@justartpottery.com
Subject: Re: Appraisal of a Roseville rosecraft hexagon with some damage

Thank you for your prompt response. I just have one question for you.
Does this piece look authentic ?  I had someone on an antique forum tell me it has to be a reproduction after looking at two pictures of the piece.
I do understand that without hands on you might not be able to tell me 100% .
The pictures I took  of the vase are as is, no enhancements.

Mart, the vase was $2, he wanted three but I got him down a dollar
And yeah, even in the computer age not everyone knows what something is or even knows where to start looking. People still dump grandmas things without a second thought at the Goodwill or yard sale. I knew by looking at it that it wasn't made for Walmart in China a couple of years ago. I had no idea it was an early roseville stamp.
I'm really not sure what pissy means on your side of the world  "wull" but here it just means a bit angry..someone's that types in all caps or like her lots of exclamation points and question marks.. more like an interrogation  than someone asking for more information.not derogatory as you stated

I hope people that came here for help take your opins with a grain of salt or two and not take what most of what you all say like it's stamped in gold.
I suppose I owe y'all a big ole thank you...so thanks for you help
Maybe if you,d googled "pissy"...you would have got what it means...on this side of the pond....where we don,t call Southerner,s...Dumbf***s.....we have a saying..over here...and hopefully this may apply to you....."what goes around...comes around"....now you have a nice day...

Googled

Urban dictionary:

Definition of pissy

pissy

adjective

in a bad mood.

this is the one i meant....Pissy | Define Pissy at Dictionary.com
dictionary.referenc e.com/browse/pissy‎
/ˈpɪs i/ Show Spelled [pis-ee] Show IPA. adjective, piss·i·er, piss·i·est. Slang: Vulgar. 1. soiled with or reeking of urine. 2. inferior, nasty, or disagreeable
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 08:34:44 am »
My late mother used to collect Lladro,s..she had around 20 of them....God awful things...I gave most of them away..as Christmas presents...and what was left went on ebay...

Most Lladros need to stay in "Old Lady Land" where they belong. However, I was super glad to get a steal of a deal and MsGhoppr likes it,  so it's all good!!

If you like and enjoy them...it IS all good. "One mans trash, another mans treasure"........

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:57 am »
Was just my opinion like I said !! Mark didn`t look correct to me,, !!  As to the price,, anything is possible I guess !!  But I find it highly unlikely that someone would not have looked up the mark !!  Especially on a Roseville piece because everyone`s family had them !!  Mine included !!  And it is one of the most commonly faked marks !!
As to my typing,, that is the way I always type !! You are welcome to pull up any of my posts to see that all get the same typing from me !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 10:43:37 am »
My dear Mart,you do not have to justify yourself to anyone...especially not to someone who,...hides behind a user name..and calls Southerners,Dumbf***s....would he i wonder, have the balls to stand up in the middle of a Louisiana Bar...and utter the same words.....somehow I don,t think so....I shall say no more,on this matter....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 11:28:42 am »
Oh Wullie !!  I think that would not be a good idea or a Texas redneck bar !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 12:31:23 pm »
Having worked along side Texans I know what you mean...I could tell you a story or two....but...I would,nt want to be responsable...for your toes curling....They remind me of a Scotsman when he,s having a good time.....Full of Bullshit.... ;D ;D....I once got one decked...by feeding him Green Cookachoos,..he had made the fatal mistake of telling me that he could drink me under the table..so I took him up on it...he gave me my choice...I chose...Green Chatreuse,...He asked what,s that....I told hime it was made by Monks,.after pouring a 3  finger shot, I lit mine up, .."he laughed and said that was for pussy,s"..and proceeded to take it the way it came,straight from the bottle,.he was on his arse after 4 shots......Afterwar ds he asked me, how was i able to stay upright...I told him..the secret,...by putting a flame to the spirit, I burned off some of the alcohol,...which reduced its proof dramatically...as it is a 96proof spirit....He then said to me...You,re worth a Watching....then we proceeded to drink again....but this time, he took it my way.... ;D

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 03:47:19 pm »
http://www.justartpottery.com/Detail.asp?pottery_detail=19864
Looks like a fake to me !! Link is a real one !! 
You said a ridiculously low price,,, How much ??   
Compare the two !!

The piece is definitely real.  Anyone telling you it is a reproduction has no idea what they are talking about or looking at.  It's too bad about the crack because it would be $300 to $400 vase in mint condition.

Thanks,

Greg and Lana Myroth
309-690-7966
www.justartpottery. com
www.artpotteryblog. com

Join our mail list for exclusive art pottery updates and specials!

We are always buying art pottery. If you have pottery to sell please ]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 12:48 PM
To: gregmy@justartpottery.com
Subject: Re: Appraisal of a Roseville rosecraft hexagon with some damage

Thank you for your prompt response. I just have one question for you.
Does this piece look authentic ?  I had someone on an antique forum tell me it has to be a reproduction after looking at two pictures of the piece.
I do understand that without hands on you might not be able to tell me 100% .
The pictures I took  of the vase are as is, no enhancements.

Mart, the vase was $2, he wanted three but I got him down a dollar
And yeah, even in the computer age not everyone knows what something is or even knows where to start looking. People still dump grandmas things without a second thought at the Goodwill or yard sale. I knew by looking at it that it wasn't made for Walmart in China a couple of years ago. I had no idea it was an early roseville stamp.
I'm really not sure what pissy means on your side of the world  "wull" but here it just means a bit angry..someone's that types in all caps or like her lots of exclamation points and question marks.. more like an interrogation  than someone asking for more information.not derogatory as you stated

I hope people that came here for help take your opins with a grain of salt or two and not take what most of what you all say like it's stamped in gold.
I suppose I owe y'all a big ole thank you...so thanks for you help
Maybe if you,d googled "pissy"...you would have got what it means...on this side of the pond....where we don,t call Southerner,s...Dumbf***s.....we have a saying..over here...and hopefully this may apply to you....."what goes around...comes around"....now you have a nice day...

Googled

Urban dictionary:

Definition of pissy

pissy

adjective

in a bad mood.

this is the one i meant....Pissy | Define Pissy at Dictionary.com
dictionary.referenc e.com/browse/pissy‎
/ˈpɪs i/ Show Spelled [pis-ee] Show IPA. adjective, piss·i·er, piss·i·est. Slang: Vulgar. 1. soiled with or reeking of urine. 2. inferior, nasty, or disagreeable

Ahhhh..I see what you meant now.   I would guess there could be a huge difference in the meaning of a simple word from one side of the ocean to another...my meaning was only "angry "......now realizing this forum covers just about every country when one means angry that's what one should put down

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 03:53:45 pm »
My dear Mart,you do not have to justify yourself to anyone...especially not to someone who,...hides behind a user name..and calls Southerners,Dumbf***s....would he i wonder, have the balls to stand up in the middle of a Louisiana Bar...and utter the same words.....somehow I don,t think so....I shall say no more,on this matter....
So...Bigwull must be your given " Christian" name and not your user name? ...not knocking it, it's lovely. Perhaps you were named after a beloved great uncle.........

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »
The difference between you and I, is,..I,ve posted my real name on here on a few occasions,for all to see, my email ad is on my profile,as is my location...I don,t hide...and I certainly do not suffer fools gladly....are you getting my drift....

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 05:37:56 pm »
The difference between you and I, is,..I,ve posted my real name on here on a few occasions,for all to see, my email ad is on my profile,as is my location...I don,t hide...and I certainly do not suffer fools gladly....are you getting my drift....
That's because you have over 4000 posts.. odds are your name would come up once in a while...its interesting that two or three threads above this is a "anonymous or not "... Where most seem to think it is better to stay anonymous because of security reasons more than anything...no one is hiding.....hiding from what or who? As far as who you are on your profile...I never looked

Buddie11

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 06:26:02 pm »
A while back I made a rude comment on this site,and caught crap from a few members (mainly bigwull). I quickly posted an apology,because I didn't want to lose my free advise. They are actually very knowledgeable and if they don't know they will volunteer there precious time to research

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:37 am »

This is not a but "but" please understand that one can misconstrue ones typing style. I honestly thought Mart was "yelling" at me with some of the others jumping in.
 I was taken a back by what I thought was a hostile tone. Since we aren't talking face to face, you can't tell the syntax.
I have asked for "a what is this" before and have always asked in a polite way and have thanked all for their advice

My sincere apologies to all I may have offended.
I am female and a southerner so please don't beat me up...it wouldn't be a fair fight  :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 08:26:04 am »
LOL !!  Oh I don`t know about that !!  I am also a very southern female !! 

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 09:32:07 am »
well, WE could meet for a drink of what ever...it the "Big" guy I'm running away from  :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 11:30:10 am »
Sounds like a plan to me !!   Big guy is a lot of bark,, too far away for the bite !!  But if he were here I would definitely want him on my side of the brawl !!