Author Topic: Need help identifying old lamp  (Read 2200 times)

tellulater

• View Profile
Need help identifying old lamp
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:25:02 am »
Hello Everyone,

I have an old lamp I bought from Goodwill and need help to identify it. My lamp is in storage so I can't take a picture right now. I found an image of an oil lamp that is exactly the same only it's an oil lamp, mine is an electric lamp. If anyone has any knowledge to what kind of lamp/glass/year/or value this is please let me know.

Thank you

mart

• View Profile
Re: Need help identifying old lamp
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 10:21:20 am »
We had another item a while back with same pattern glass !! I think Sugarcube had some saucers that were the same !~! Do not remember if we ever found the pattern !!  Maybe she will be here later !!  These oil lamps are easily converted to electric with a kit !! Would have to see yours to know if it is or original or a conversion !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:44:06 am »
We had another item a while back with same pattern glass !! I think Sugarcube had some saucers that were the same !~! Do not remember if we ever found the pattern !!  Maybe she will be here later !!  These oil lamps are easily converted to electric with a kit !! Would have to see yours to know if it is or original or a conversion !!
Can,t you see it Mart,...?...how do you know its got the same pattern glass if you can,t see it....up close if i had,nt been told it was electric...i,d have sworn it was oil...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:26:37 pm »
Your lamp probably originated from Kaadan Ltd., Lancaster, PA in the late 1980's. I believe they are reverse painted, and came in a variety of colors, both oil and electric. The pattern is normally referred to as "Diamond Point".
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Oil-Lamp-Beige-Tan-Glass-Base-NO-Chimney-8-1-2-tall-Kaadan-Ltd-1988-/230974831355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c72c3afb#ht_735wt_1040

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 12:32:40 pm »
Your lamp probably originated from Kaadan Ltd., Lancaster, PA in the late 1980's. I believe they are reverse painted, and came in a variety of colors, both oil and electric. The pattern is normally referred to as "Diamond Point".
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Oil-Lamp-Beige-Tan-Glass-Base-NO-Chimney-8-1-2-tall-Kaadan-Ltd-1988-/230974831355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c72c3afb#ht_735wt_1040

Looks like you,hit the nail on the head......Again.... at this rate...I,ll have no Mango,s left.... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 01:53:56 pm »
They said the one in question is in storage,, this pic is same pattern but oil burner,, !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 02:33:42 pm »
They said the one in question is in storage,, this pic is same pattern but oil burner,, !!
Wullie....Pay attention....Yes, Boss!! ;D

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:08 pm »

Here's an electric version:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Boudoir-Table-Lamp-Underwriter-Laboratoies-Kaadan-Ltd-/130896766108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7a0e249c#ht_136wt_1040
(If that lamp in storage was examined, I'm thinking that it would be marked on the base.)

tellulater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »
Thank you all so much for the help. The last reply with the link to the electric lamp is the exact same one I have, it even has the marks on the bottom. To bad it's not worth more than $5. Again many thanks!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »
Wullie....Pay attention....Yes, Boss!! ;D

I didn`t say a word !!!  Aren`t you proud of me ???