Author Topic: more money than sense  (Read 1803 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
more money than sense
« on: May 10, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »
Hi all, just thought i,d share with you, some pics of my other toys,these are from 2008,when i became obsessed with big boys toys,...the pic of the Kingtiger...with the 2 figures was my pride and joy...its now in Chicago...it cost in 2007,£2200....i sold it to a guy in Chicago in 2009..for $3900...at one point in my garage, i had 4 of these big tanks,..if i can find more pics i,ll post them on....oops...and here,s me going on about double posting ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: more money than sense
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 06:10:51 pm »
that,s me  in 2008...i,m a little bit thinner now... ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:30:08 pm by bigwull »

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:23 pm »
That's a good 35% return on your investment. You know, you're happy when you buy your first boat and happier the day you sell it. A boat would depreciate in value but your investment paid off.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 10:31:53 pm »
So neat!!!!!!!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:37:46 am »
Wow...Tell us about your tank:
Is it a static model?
Built from a kit or scratch?
What does it weigh? ( the tank, not the owner. :D)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:51:39 am »
Hi  Rauville...both are heavy,.....This Particular model, is the Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger II Ausf. B
Königstiger / King(Royal)Tiger / Tiger II
Sd. Kfz. 182...I bought this model, in 2007,...it was full RC when i got it, but it was only painted a German dark yellow,These particular models came ready built,ironically..they are made in Volvograd in Russia,..they were made of GRP fibreglass,the running gear was metal, i.e. suspension, wheels track,the motors were quite crude, and i replaced them with 2 x 24v mobility scooter motors,which when run on a 24v battery gave a scale speed of 4mph,I had this model painted in the Ambush camo pattern,
I also fitted an 8mm paintball gun inside, that was attached to a small 2lt air tank, it could be fired from the handset...our cat Poppy hated it...it had a full start up and running engine sound, that came from a sound card that was inside,The sound was an exact replica,of the original,it also had machine gun fire sound,The 12in Figures were both animatronic, and had head and arm movement,
It was a 1/6th scale, and measured 5.1/2 feet long,and weighed 90kg,..it could tow a 3 ton truck on level ground, and could climb a 30deg incline, and ford water to the depth of 1ft..My first Tiger was a Tiger 1..it came in kit form, it was made of steel and aluminium,and weighed 26stones...the kit cost me £2900,...and by the time id finished it, i,d spent around £4000...but I made money on it...it is now in
Maryland, USA, the guy the bought it, spent another $10,000 on it...yes 10k,..you can see them here www.armortek.co.uk
when
I had mine, iI used to go to a friends place where he,d set up a 1/6th proving ground, in his expansive back garden..the Tiger 1 you see was one of mine...see link..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLxF1KCvyCk

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 07:51:49 pm »
Yep !!  I would say your subject line was right !!  Definitely more money than sense !!   Kinda neat though !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 07:37:22 am »
Well...that's an impressive machine for sure! Look's like it might suffer the same flaw as the original, in that it's overbuilt, expensive and would be tactically difficult to support in the field. :)

ACStanley

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:02 am »
So awesome!!