Poll

Does anyone know what this is?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Unknown object  (Read 1410 times)

JLC

• View Profile
Unknown object
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:31:25 am »
Hi all,

Recently came across this under the house and was wondering if anyone would be able to shed any light on what it it is?

Cheers

Ipcress

Re: Unknown object
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:35:36 am »
A form of fisherman's priest with a hook for the fish at one end ?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:32:22 am »
Thats what it is,...i posted one a while back,...took them ages to find out what it was,in the end,i had to give them skiffies....one, plumhead,who shall remain nameless..thought it was a truncheon... ;D.and just in case  the topic poster does,nt know what its purpose is,..its for killing a rod caught fish...by hitting it on the head,
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:02:23 pm by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Ipcress

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:04:05 pm »
Saw something similar a couple of years ago but longer and more of a weapon - the end was lethal. Solid as a rock - tapping it in the palm of your hand would hurt after a few taps

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »
Thats what it is,...i posted one a while back,...took them ages to find out what it was,in the end,i had to give them skiffies....one, plumhead,who shall remain nameless..thought it was a truncheon... ;D.and just in case  the topic poster does,nt know what its purpose is,..its for killing a rod caught fish...by hitting it on the head,

LOL  Its still a club !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »

LOL  Its still a club !!!
If my memory serves me well,we had this argument before..with my ..Priest.......This is a Club.... ;D

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 04:54:51 am »
With that "dangling" sharp hook on one end ...... I don't think it was made for use as either a "club" or a "gaff hook". ;D ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:18:03 am »
maybe its owner lost the cord that attached to it, so he put on a barbless hook, to hang it from his belt....simples....