Author Topic: NEED HELP: Identifying Very Old Clay Bottle (Partial Makers Mark)  (Read 2337 times)

diamondjim12

• View Profile
First I would like to thank you all in advance for any opinions or information you may provide. I have done my own research and from what I have found this appears to be a early to mid 1800's mineral water bottle. Possibly German in origin? I took several photos of the piece and several shots of the makers mark/stamp. There is some condition issues with the most glaring being at the bottom with a portion that has cracked and fell off. Overall, given its age, feel is in good condition. The only word I can see clearly in the makers mark is the word "Mineral". Also, near the small looped handle is the word "No" engraved. I am not sure what this means? What country of origin is this piece? What period is this piece from? Finally, is this a more rare piece(valuable?) or is it rather common in its current condition? Again, thank you for any help!  :)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:17:58 pm by diamondjim12 »

Ipcress

" Roisdorfer Mineral Quelle "

http://www.mineralwasserkruege.homepage.t-online.de/

( click on "  Brunnenmarken  A-Z " , then R, then Roisdorf )

3/4 down the page.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
another one put to bed....well found you....you get a box of these
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

diamondjim12

• View Profile
Thank You!! Ipcress -- I searched all over, so I was on the right track, German! Which from looking at the website, appears mine is from the 1880s give or take a few years. Thank you again for your knowledge and assistance.  :)