Author Topic: a treasured possession..unopened...  (Read 4619 times)

gg27

• View Profile
Re: a treasured possession..unopened...
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 01:07:19 am »
OMG!! Our favourite scotch.... peaty, earthy, smells like it was strained through a scotsman's wool sock!  Unopened? blasphemous!  Send it right over to this side of the pond, we will treat it the way it should be treated, savoured in little tiny hand made georgian glasses. :P  GG

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 03:37:31 am »
Hope your sweetie is doing well.  With all your lovin' and hard work...I'm sure she has peace of mind!

Is that slate on the fireplace?
Yes KC...that is Westmorland slate,..its quarried in Cumbria in NW England..its a beautiful green colour,i got them, free for the uplift,..approx 200 unused,and intend to use the rest..to cover the floor of our back porch,...the wood, i got from my local sawmill,..the mantle is 6in x 3 in...and the upstands are 5 x 3.in..they cost £6..or $9...the cast iron Dog grate was new, i got it on ebay, for a whopping £45..or $70...so all in all its a cheap fireplace...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 07:29:22 am »
You are doing a remarkable job on your abode...just try not to paint yourself into a corner. :D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 08:21:46 am »
Beautiful Bigwull!!!!  Love it white trim and light colored walls with deep wood!!  Send Avril our love!!  Drink the damn bottle - To mended hearts!!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 01:01:56 am »
Love the slate!!!  Redoing flooring in our home...and looking at slate for the fireplace!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!