Author Topic: Hand-me-downs  (Read 3761 times)

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
Re: Hand-me-downs
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 09:40:15 am »

I also like the theory on the guitar. I can't find the diamond pattern on old Dobro's, possibly because it's a "knock off". I'll admit I wondered that at one point in time when I read Dobro lost their patent but didn't follow it up, guess I should have. My grandpa always told me to make sure I loosened the strings after playing to prevent it from warping so I assume it's early and without the support rod.

Even with the truss rod, the neck can warp. Some argue for loosening strings, and some argue against it. Either way, it's the climate changes that do a number on them, and not so much the strings.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 01:24:55 pm »

I also like the theory on the guitar. I can't find the diamond pattern on old Dobro's, possibly because it's a "knock off". I'll admit I wondered that at one point in time when I read Dobro lost their patent but didn't follow it up, guess I should have. My grandpa always told me to make sure I loosened the strings after playing to prevent it from warping so I assume it's early and without the support rod.

Even with the truss rod, the neck can warp. Some argue for loosening strings, and some argue against it. Either way, it's the
climate changes that do a number on them, and not so much the strings.

My brothers in arms have always told me the same thing... ::)
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »
Mmm!!...it was a different story with the 30 pieces of Silver..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,