Author Topic: Simmons 1960's couch?  (Read 5467 times)

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Simmons 1960's couch?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 08:07:12 am »
And adding to what Mart said: Unless you have a retail store with the floor space to display it and wait for the right customer, you are at the mercy of the market at the moment. If I owned it, I'd use it and enjoy it. (In fact, I think I still have some shirts that would match it. :D)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 08:36:18 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

teachermelissaolsen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 09:46:46 am »
 Of course, I  never thought it was worth a lot though! I only payed 30  for it at  goodwill and figured goodwill might not really know it's worth.  Being in such wonderful shape I  figured I  could get more than that for it!

I  couldn't find any simmons  couches for sale anywhere though to figure what it was worth,  and mid century  pieces are pretty pricy on our local craigslist.

I would love to get it recovered,  but reupholstering  this couch would cost more than it's worth.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 09:59:54 am »
Then you got a bargain !! Its condition looks good and even though 60`s furniture is not antique,, as a vintage piece its well worth keeping !! Only a few of the mid century designers bring high dollar !!  But still that's not bad considering your investment !!

teachermelissaolsen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 10:06:01 am »
 At least I  got a  bargain! I  liked the couch and then saw the price tag,  couldn't turn it down. I appreciate all your wonderful help Mart!

Is Simmons a brand then that isn't worth much despite it's age?

teachermelissaolsen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 10:12:47 am »
And adding to what Mart said: Unless you have a retail store with the floor space to display it and wait for the right customer, you are at the mercy of the market at the moment. If I owned it, I'd use it and enjoy it. (In fact, I think I still have some shirts that would match it. :D)

ha!  Good one!

I'm sure I could post it in craigslist  and  get a  few interested,  love that site!

I  think I'll use it though,  if my hubby and roommate can get over calling it grandma's couch. I  think it's an awesome piece!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 11:05:08 am »
Is it collectable ??  No !! Is it good quality ?? Yes !! While people do not look for that brand,,neither do they look for many others but if one is placed before them,, they will buy it !!  Style and condition is much more important than who made it !! Its a good clean classic style that can be used for years !!  That alone makes it worth more than what you paid for sure !!