Author Topic: OIL CANS  (Read 971 times)

Kevin_Bones

OIL CANS
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:49:03 pm »
Hey guys,

Bought a few old oil/kerosene cans. I bought the Irving one in a bundle of things from an antique shop and paid about $10-$20 on it (He originally had $35 marked on it). It's a kerosene can. Does anyone know what the age of the can would be? I would also like to know what the value of it would be. Here is a pic.

Here is another old can I bought a few days later. Managed to pull this one out of a guys personal collection. He paid $50 for it, I got it from him from $40. Does anyone know what this can was used for ? (Kerosene, oil, etc.) and also if it was made for a specific company. I would also like to know if I overpayed for this one. Here is a pic.

Thanks
Kevin

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: OIL CANS
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »
Prices differ from area to area, but around here, those are about retail prices in most shops. Age wise, I would say the Irving is from the 50's. The smaller can looks a little older, and I'm thinking it was probably sold empty to be used as needed.

(BTW: Here's a 5 gallon can sitting in our back porch that I paid $150 for...I really liked it at the time. ::))

mart

• View Profile
Re: OIL CANS
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:44:53 pm »
http://www.irvingoil.com/
 U.S based company and they are scattered all over Canada !! Yours is a Canadian can !!
Since bottom can says oil on front and is partially measured in pints,, I think oil !!
Nice one Rauville !!