Author Topic: Who knows the baroness ?  (Read 14133 times)

fancypants

• View Profile
Re: Who knows the baroness ?
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 04:22:44 pm »
I say good for you , in your search to find all you can about the person named in the painting (looks like a real painting to me too) , gerspee !

Sometimes it is the person who will not take 'NO!!!' for an answer that winds up finding the "YES!!!" !

Keeping in mind that it was not uncommon for folks to 'claim' to be royalty .... you might consider researching residence/census/property/tax records of the general era , in London , to see if there is any proof of such person there , way back then ...
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:01 pm »
Fancypants,, to me it does look like it has been literally varnished to the board to me !! Not an uncommon practice back then !!  The thing is Gerspee,,, this person has no written history !!  If so she would have shown up somewhere in our searches !!  She doesn`t exist as signed on the painting !! 

Ipcress

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 04:33:04 pm »
I just thought you were mental

;)

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 04:57:56 pm »
ipcress--you are sarcastic for no reason

Ipcress

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 03:08:09 am »
Eh ?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 04:35:28 am »
ipcress--you are sarcastic for no reason
Noooooooooooooooo!!Sugercube....i,m on the same wavelength as him...i know what he means....and can totally agree with him....at times.....and this is one of them.... ;D ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 07:39:34 am »
use your words ipcress

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 07:56:17 am »
 :'(Were's the subject now ? thought this was about a painting ...........

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 08:27:14 am »
That was yesterday....how much milk can you get from one cow....we,ve done our searching....and came up with a big zero....so unless there,s something that you are not telling us.....its time to move on....cos after all, i,d say getting 4 pages...out of us....is good going....some people get very little...and they are happy with what they get.....

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 04:08:57 pm »
But I have a nice new thing to keep you amused so here the are : Adriana Jacqueline Marie Loudon, 5 Dec 1856 - 19 Oct 1919 was married to jhr. Theodorus Helenus Franciscus van Riemsdyk (1848-1923) in his second marriage  . Now she was also connected to the English Royalty i have seen somewhere on the net . That would explain if she was the painter why London was spelt in the English way on the painting and the A in her name .. So more about her and her marriage to van Riemsdyk would be nice to know .

So show me your skills and give me input ?

Ipcress

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 07:44:55 pm »
A woman spells Baroness in Dutch but Loudon as London ?

This is stretching it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:54:26 pm by Ipcress »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 08:24:49 pm »
I agree Ipcress !!
Well, at least this one can be found !!  Why didn`t you give us this info when you posted ???

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2013, 12:32:37 am »
Because this info I just found yesterday evening out off a link from the Dutch national register . And i did not say that her birth name Loudon was the London in the  signing off the painting . So still the two links London and Rome must be used i presume ?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2013, 04:44:20 am »
Because this info I just found yesterday evening out off a link from the Dutch national register . And i did not say that her birth name Loudon was the London in the  signing off the painting . So still the two links London and Rome must be used i presume ?
you had us chasing shadows...at the beginning...then after 4 pages you get miffed because we don,t stay on track....then when i said it was time to put this to bed....you pop up with new information....well, it may keep the others "amused"....but it does,nt wash with me....and as for your latest...."show me your skills".....and give me  input......well, you,ll not be getting anymore input from me.....some of the others on here may be taken in by you....but...i see right through you......

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2013, 06:53:01 am »
Bigwull ...You are capable to make a antiques forum into a wrong interpretations forum . If you need an platform to get rid off your own frustrations there are other forums on the internet to be on .  So let other people just discuss antiques and art etcetera and keep to that . But don't tell people that the take the mickey out off the forum by putting in last information . Second you are putting yourself up as a forum president but I think it's not your job to tell people off if when the questions are getting to difficult for you.

Just let people go if you don't now about the subject ..... :-[