Author Topic: Old carousel horse..  (Read 1939 times)

angela1973

• View Profile
Old carousel horse..
« on: June 14, 2013, 08:22:08 pm »
Hello all.. newbie to forums.. but long time viewer.. I have an old antique fiberglass carousel horse that my father had for a long time.. he is not interested in it anymore and wants to sell it.. can someone please give me some info as to how to determine what is it worth.. I would probably start on ebay to sell it

Please see pictures attached

I appreciate the help.. thank you!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Old carousel horse..
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:28:16 pm »
I think this may be a  replica....the certificatye of authenticity..says its wood..but you,re saying its fibreglass.it also says its for display only...however...if this was a genuine carousel horse..then it would be worth a fair bit......time i did some searching...oops... .trust me not to read the certificate properly....i,m getting tired....as its 3.29am...over here....so i,ll start again...it is a repo....and it is as you say fibreglass, i will assume that it is a full size model.....now to see if there are any others for sale...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:32:04 pm by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:38:39 pm »
if this was a genuine, carousel horse from the company....then ,you would be doing cat ma,s down the hill...or in your language...jumping for joy....see link

http://www.rauantiques.com/item/Philadelphia-Toboggan-Company-Carousel-Horse-nbsp-.29-8349.html...just scroll down....asking price $145,000

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:44:25 pm »
this is yours..i think....

http://www.southbeachgifts.com/Carousel_Horses_Reproductions.htm...the smaller ones start at $274

angela1973

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:46 pm »
i think everyone is reading it wrong.. the image here says it was "cast from an original.. wood carousel horse" .. thats why i said fiberglass.. cause it is fiberglass.. not wood.. it was cast from the original wood.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:49:29 pm »
another one..i don,t think this one is painted...but there is a pic of what it could look like....but it is the fibreglass version

http://lasvegas.en.craigslist.org/atq/3801293849.html

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:52:15 pm »
i think everyone is reading it wrong.. the image here says it was "cast from an original.. wood carousel horse" .. thats why i said fiberglass.. cause it is fiberglass.. not wood.. it was cast from the original wood.

I initially read it wrong...but if you had taken the time to read my post in full, ...from the oops bit...you will have seen that i corrected myself.....its been a long day... and its now 3.51am....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:56:34 pm by bigwull »

angela1973

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:55:18 pm »
3:51 am.. whew.. its 10:55pm here and im tired

listen, if this was worth $145,000.. i would share with all of you sweet.. kind.. loving friends here on this forum... PROMISE!!

:O)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 08:58:28 pm »
but..unfortunately. ..its not....drat!!..... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19:49 pm »
This is a copy of an antique carousel horse !! Not an antique itself !!  Its very nicely done though !!  These were popular back in the 80`s and 90`s !!  I have two outside waiting to be done but haven`t had time !! Have you checked ebay to see if any others have sold ??  You can estimate a value that way !!  That doesn`t mean it will bring that much though !!
Too many other factors to consider !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »
This is a copy of an antique carousel horse !! Not an antique itself !!  Its very nicely done though !!  These were popular back in the 80`s and 90`s !!  I have two outside waiting to be done but haven`t had time !! Have you checked ebay to see if any others have sold ??  You can estimate a value that way !!  That doesn`t mean it will bring that much though !!
Too many other factors to consider !!
..you,re getting as bad as me..not reading previous posts.....but at least i,ve got a good excuse..seeing as how its 4.23am.....and i,ve been up since yesterday, morning at 8.30am.... ;D ;D