Author Topic: Antique Josef Strnact (JS) 19C Pottery Portrait Vase With Beehive Mark?  (Read 1965 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
This is a Josef Strnact (JS) Vase that I purchased yesterday and can't find another one like it with a Beehive Mark and Gold Mark over it. I'm trying to find out when it was made and I think it may have been Circa 1890?

The Vase measures about 8 1/2 Inches in height with a 2 3/4 Inch Diameter base. It has the JS Mark on it with the Mold Number 927 and a number 4 to the right of the JS Mark in addition to the Beehive Mark with the Gold Mark over it. Does anyone know when this Vase may have been made with the Beehive and Gold Marks?

Thanks!
Kevin

" width="630" height="1116" border="0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:26:11 am by KevinM »

Ipcress

Must admit i'd prefer to see the vase without the bindenschild mark and that gilt stamp. Seem to have been added later. Seen quite a lot of Strnact and never with those marks.

Style etc is about 1910.

A quick google shows a more elaborate vase with those marks that was listed on Ebay but it wasn't sold.

KevinM

• View Profile
Thanks Ipcress, I agree, the gilt stamp and bindenschild mark seem like they were added later.