Author Topic: Dave Aldus Original Oil  (Read 1115 times)

MrBlock

• View Profile
Dave Aldus Original Oil
« on: June 24, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »
Hello all :)

Recently we have uncovered a fairly large painting from David Aldus an original oil which was purchased around 30 odd years ago. Its 48 inches by 24 inches depicting a scene from "the engagement of guards against whole of Russian army, shortly after charge of light brigade" as his personal badge/business card at the back says. The canvas has slightly warped out of the frame but is fully in tact, the badge on the back is ripped but can still make out his handwriting and description of the painting. I can include a picture if you would want, an estimate would be great as we have seen some of his original oil paintings selling for around £5000 - £10000
Thanks for reading and have a pleasant day :)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Dave Aldus Original Oil
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:58:37 pm »
Yes !!  We need pics of front and back as well as one of the signature and what is written on the back !!  Please !!

Ipcress

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:11:11 pm »
Sorry but i don't believe those auction prices claimed on his website.

MrBlock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 02:29:06 pm »
Its not letting me put them up unfortunately says they're too big :/ Ipcress ahhh I see now only briefly had a look at them as I'm no expert on paintings at all does seem a little extreme now though

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:01:06 pm »
You will need to reduce the size of your pics !! About 1500 to 2000KB is good !!