Author Topic: Can anyone help me on this - Car Badges Rover 2000 Automatic  (Read 3462 times)

xmelax38

• View Profile
Hi, this is for anyone, but just off hand I thought of Bigwull for some reason.  We recently purchased these in a lot in a auction.  One photo is of the Rover 2000 Automatic Badges and the other photo has a car clock.  We know the Rover is European and the 60's, but I cannot find any car badges on my search on the internet.  I did not see any on ebay either. I was just wondering if these would have any value? We are going to sell them, but we don't know anything about these type of things.

The other thing, the clock, is a Kienzle car clock.  I believe it is German.  I have seen several different types of these and all of them say for different cars.  There is a number inside the back of 5132.  Is there some way to find out what vehicle it possibly went to? :)

Thanks so much ahead of time.

(sorry about the quality of the photos, I had to use my ipod to take the pictures).

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:42:39 pm by xmelax38 »
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Bigwull or anyone, can you help me on this - Car Badges
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 05:10:39 pm »
Check out used auto supplies, like this one in Australia for the badges.  People who don't know that term also refer to them as nameplates!
http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/Rover%20Cars%20and%20Rover%20Parts%20in%20Australia.htm
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

xmelax38

• View Profile
Re: Bigwull or anyone, can you help me on this - Car Badges
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:14:46 pm »
Check out used auto supplies, like this one in Australia for the badges.  People who don't know that term also refer to them as nameplates!
http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/Rover%20Cars%20and%20Rover%20Parts%20in%20Australia.htm

Thanks! I am checking it out right now on the other tab. :)
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

Ipcress

Re: Can anyone help me on this - Car Badges Rover 2000 Automatic
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:22:51 pm »
My granddads car !!!! Went on holiday in that when i was only a few years old. Had a folding arm rest in the back.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:09:06 pm »
One site said they were "The" clock for the Rolls Royce Corniche !! !!  But may not be made in Germany !! Kienzle also has clocks/watches made in Switzerland, Asia and Italy !! A different company in Italy also has permission to use the Kienzle name on their clocks/watches !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:11:56 pm »
your best bet would be to contact...a Rover 2000 owners club...members there are always on the hunt for good genuine parts....

.http://www.p6roc.co.uk/
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:55:37 pm »
Great suggestion Wullie!!!   Cyrillic alphabet in web address.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:00 am »
you could place an ad on here....

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C308509.
.see also ebay link...to price ..one sold for.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kienzle-car-clock-may-suit-classic-car-/121099377782

....this clock fits most older Triumphs..e.g.Trium ph Herald, Vitesse, Stag,....TR4/TR5/TR6..

Ipcress

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 02:37:45 am »
They had those clocks in the Rover

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 02:48:05 am »
, it was,nt tied to just the Rover...older Volvo,s had it...as well as Fords....and a few others.....but...if its working...its worth a few bob,..if you are tempted to test it...just make sure you use 12v DC

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 11:37:18 pm »
There were used on some of the Porsche 356s as well. That brand anyways, not that model. Good quality stuff from what I hear.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

Ipcress

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 07:18:41 am »
Didn't say it was just tied to the Rover, just pointing out they used them in the same car as where the badge is from so it's more likely come from a Rover, not a Rolls Royce or Triumph.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 07:45:47 am »
sometimes i wonder about you.....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 11:00:27 am »
Better than pondering about you all the time!  :)  Plus, it's great exercise for those brain cells Wullie!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:18 am »
Better than pondering about you all the time!  :)  Plus, it's great exercise for those brain cells Wullie!
what brain cells,.....my M.A.D,..days put paid to them.....now i,m just like everyone else......i go with the flow......